2005 Wetland Protection Project Grants Request for Proposals
The summary for the 2005 Wetland Protection Project Grants Request for Proposals grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Environmental Protection Agency, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
2005 Wetland Protection Project Grants Request for Proposals: Awards to be made under the announcement may involve geospatial information. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Region 2, Division of Environmental Planning and Protection (DEPP), Water Programs Branch (WPB), Wetlands Protection Section is soliciting proposals for surveys, studies, investigations, demonstrations and training grants related to wetlands protection. EPA is authorized to award the referenced grants under the statutory authority of Section 104(b)(3) of the Clean Water Act (CWA). EPA's Administrator is authorized to make grants to State water pollution control agencies, interstate agencies, other public or nonprofit agencies, institutions, organizations, and individuals for the purposes of prevention, reduction, and elimination of pollution. Under the CWA 104(b)(3) statutory authority, grant efforts may conduct and promote the coordination and acceleration of research, investigations, experiments, training, demonstrations, surveys, and studies relating to the causes, effects, extent, prevention, reduction, and elimination of water pollution. The Clean Water Act has defined wetlands as waters of the United States and recognizes the contribution of the nation's wetlands to our water quality. The enduring mission of the Wetlands Protection Program is to encourage and enable others to act effectively in protecting and restoring the nation's wetlands and associated ecosystems.
|Federal Grant Title:||2005 Wetland Protection Project Grants Request for Proposals|
|Federal Agency Name:||Environmental Protection Agency|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||R2DEPP-FO-05-03|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Surveys, Studies, Investigations, Demonstrations, and Training Grants and Cooperative Agreements - Section 104(b)(3) of the Clean Water Act|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Apr 11, 2005 EPA will consider all proposals that|
|Posted Date:||Jan 11, 2005|
|Creation Date:||Jan 11, 2005|
|Archive Date:||Jun 25, 2005|
|Total Program Funding:||$60,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$30,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education Individuals
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Threshold Criteria: proposed projects must take place in one or more Region 2 states or territories, i.e., New York, New Jersey, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico and/or the Territory of the Virgin Islands. Proposed projects that do not take place within New York, New Jersey, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico and/or the Territory of the Virgin Island are not eligible.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Drake, Kathleen, Project Officer, Phone 212-637-3817, Email Drake.Kathleen@epa.gov Drake.Kathleen@epa.gov Drake, Kathleen
- Similar Government Grants
- • FY 2015 Support for Water Quality Framework Training Workshop, Nonpoint Source Agriculture...
- • FY 2015 Training Workshop Support Activities for NPDES Program
- • U.S. EPA Lake Tahoe Southern Nevada Public Lands Management Act Program Request for Propos...
- • Total Maximum Daily Load Funding, Region 5
- • South Florida Geographic Initiative/Water Quality Protection
- More Grants from the Environmental Protection Agency
- • FY17 Guidelines for Brownfields Assessment Grants
- • FY17 Guidelines for Brownfields Cleanup Grants
- • Chesapeake Bay Program Office Fiscal Year 2016 Request for Proposals for
- • Pesticide Safety Education Funds Management Program
- • Oil and Gas Development in the Appalachian Basin