2008 Healthy Communities Grant Program Synopsis
The summary for the 2008 Healthy Communities Grant Program Synopsis grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Environmental Protection Agency, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
2008 Healthy Communities Grant Program Synopsis: The Healthy Communities Grant Program is seeking projects that: - Target resources to benefit communities at risk (environmental justice areas of potential concern, places with high risk from toxic air pollution, urban areas) and sensitive populations (e.g. children, elderly, others at increased risk). - Assess, understand, and reduce environmental and human health risks. - Increase collaboration through community-based projects. - Build institutional and community capacity to understand and solve environment and human health problems. - Achieve measurable environmental and human health benefits. Proposed projects must: (1) Be located in and/or directly benefit one or more of the four Target Investment Areas which include: Environmental Justice Areas of Potential Concern, Places with High Risks from Toxic Air Pollution, Sensitive Populations, and/or Urban Areas in one or more of the EPA Region I States of Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and/or Vermont; and (2) Identify how the proposed project will achieve measurable environmental and/or public health results in one or more of the six Target Program Areas which include Asthma, Capacity Building on Environmental and Public Health Issues, Clean Energy, Healthy Indoor/Outdoor Environments, Healthy Schools, Urban Natural Resources and Open/Green Space.
|Federal Grant Title:||2008 Healthy Communities Grant Program Synopsis|
|Federal Agency Name:||Environmental Protection Agency|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||EPA-R1-HC-2008|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Healthy Communities Grant Program|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 12, 2008 Pleas|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 12, 2008 Pleas|
|Posted Date:||Mar 28, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Mar 28, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Jun 11, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:||$500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$35,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$5,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||20|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- See Section III for additional eligibility information.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Jennifer Padula, 617-918-1698.
Jennifer Padula [Padula.Jennifer@epa.gov]
- Similar Government Grants
- • 2015 Healthy Communities Grant Program
- • 2014 HEALTHY COMMUNITIES GRANT PROGRAM
- • 2011 Healthy Communities Grant Program
- • 2010 Healthy Communities Grant Program Synopsis
- • 2009 Healthy Communities Grant Program
- • Healthy Communities Grant Program
- • 2007 Healthy Communities Grant Program Synopsis
- More Grants from the Environmental Protection Agency
- • Early Career Awards: Using a Total Environment Framework (Built, Natural, Social Environme...
- • Using a Total Environment Framework (Built, Natural, Social Environments) to Assess Life-l...
- • FY 2017 Request for Proposals from Indian Tribes and Intertribal Consortia for Nonpoint So...
- • Center of Excellence for Chemical Alternatives Assessment
- • Environmental Research Apprenticeship Program for College and University Students