2008 In Community Spirit - Prevention of HIV/AIDS for Native/American Indian and Alaska Native Women Living in Rural and Frontier Indian Country Program
The summary for the 2008 In Community Spirit - Prevention of HIV/AIDS for Native/American Indian and Alaska Native Women Living in Rural and Frontier Indian Country Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Office of Public Health and Science, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
2008 In Community Spirit - Prevention of HIV/AIDS for Native/American Indian and Alaska Native Women Living in Rural and Frontier Indian Country Program: The primary purpose of this OWH HIV/AIDS program is to increase HIV prevention knowledge and reduce the risk of contracting HIV among Native/American Indian and Alaska Native women living in Indian Country. The goals for this program are: Develop and sustain HIV prevention services to increase awareness of and receptivity to HIV prevention information among AI/AN women living in rural and frontier Indian Country experiencing high rates of HIV infection within female populations. Develop gender specific education and prevention training modules on critical HIV/AIDS primary and secondary prevention/education information. (CDC recommended effective interventions may be used as well as adapted interventions which demonstrate core elements of interventions with evidence of effectiveness.; Implement education and prevention training modules that are culturally and linguistically appropriate, building on strengths of traditions, values, culture, and spirituality of indigenous communities of AI/AN women living in Indian Country.
|Federal Grant Title:||2008 In Community Spirit - Prevention of HIV/AIDS for Native/American Indian and Alaska Native Women Living in Rural and Frontier Indian Country Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Office of Public Health and Science|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||WH-HPP-08-35|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||HIV Prevention Programs for Women|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 15, 2008 Refer to the grant announcement rega|
|Posted Date:||Jun 02, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Jun 02, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Aug 14, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$240,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$80,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible entities may include: not for profit community-based organizations, faith-based organizations, national organizations, colleges and universities, clinics and hospitals, research institutions, State and local government agencies, tribal government and tribal/urban Indian entities and organizations.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grants.gov Help Desk Support@grants.gov Support@grants.gov
- Similar Government Grants
- • FY12 Request for Applications for the In Community Spirit - Prevention of HIV/AIDS for Nat...
- • FY12 HIV Prevention for Women Living in the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- • FY12 Request for Applications for the HIV/AIDS Prevention and Support Services for Women P...
- • FY11 Campus Men Supporting Women s Health Project (CMSWHP)
- • FY10 Health and Wellness Initiative for Women Attending Minority Institutions
- • Request for Applications for the HIV Prevention Program for Young Women Attending Minority...
- • Prevention of HIV/AIDS in Women Living in the Rural South Program
- • Prevention for HIV Infected Women Living in Puerto Rico; and HIV Prevention for Women Livi...
- More Grants from the Office of Public Health and Science
- • FY11 Sustainable Comprehensive Tobacco Cessation and Prevention Clinical Program for Low S...
- • FY11 United States-Mexico Border Health Commission Border Health Improvement Initiative
- • FY11 Minority Youth Tobacco Elimination Project (MYTEP)
- • FY11 Announcement of Availability of Funds for Phase II of the Coalition for a Healthier C...
- • FY11 Faith Advocates for Health Relationships Training and Technical Assistance Project