2012 NIH Director's Pioneer Award Program (DP1)
The summary for the 2012 NIH Director's Pioneer Award Program (DP1) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
2012 NIH Director's Pioneer Award Program (DP1): The NIH Directors Pioneer Award program complements NIHs traditional, investigator-initiated grant programs by supporting individual scientists of exceptional creativity who propose pioneering and possibly transforming approaches to addressing major biomedical or behavioral challenges that have the potential to produce an unusually high impact on a broad area of biomedical or behavioral research. To be considered pioneering, the proposed research must reflect substantially different scientific directions from those already being pursued in the investigators laboratory or elsewhere. Awardees must commit the major portion (at least 51%) of their research efforts to the Pioneer Award project.
|Federal Grant Title:||2012 NIH Director's Pioneer Award Program (DP1)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-RM-11-004|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Trans-NIH Research Support|
|Current Application Deadline:||Oct 07, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||Oct 07, 2011|
|Posted Date:||Aug 05, 2011|
|Creation Date:||Aug 05, 2011|
|Archive Date:||Nov 07, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:||$6,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||7|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession; Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are not eligible to apply. Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are not eligible to apply. Foreign components, as defined in the NIH Grants Policy Statement, are allowed.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Discovery of the Genetic Basis of Childhood Cancers and of Structural Birth Defects: Gabri...
- • Multisite Clinical Center Common Fund Acute to Chronic Pain Signatures Program: Acute Peri...
- • Pilot Projects Investigating Understudied G Protein-Coupled Receptors, Ion Channels, and P...
- • Service Network Hub for Cryoelectron Tomography (U24 - Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Service Centers for Cryoelectron Tomography (U24 - Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Using Metabolomics to Investigate Biological Pathways and Networks (R01)
- • Assay Development for High Throughput Molecular Screening (R21)
- • Membrane Protein Production and Structure Determination (R01)
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...