2013 Conservation Innovation Grants
The summary for the 2013 Conservation Innovation Grants grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Natural Resources Conservation Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
2013 Conservation Innovation Grants: Overview: The purpose of CIG is to stimulate the development and adoption of innovative conservation approaches and technologies, while leveraging the Federal investment in environmental enhancement and protection in conjunction with agricultural production. CIG projects are expected to lead to the transfer of conservation technologies, management systems, and innovative approaches into NRCS policy, technical manuals, guides, and references, or to the private sector. CIG does not fund research projects; projects intended to test hypotheses do not qualify for a CIG award. CIG is used to apply or demonstrate previously proven technology. It is a vehicle to stimulate development and adoption of conservation approaches or technologies that have been studied sufficiently to indicate a high likelihood of success, and that are a candidate for eventual technology transfer or institutionalization. CIG promotes sharing of skills, knowledge, technologies, and facilities among communities, governments, and other institutions to ensure that scientific and technological developments are accessible to a wider range of users. CIG funds projects targeting innovative on-the-ground conservation, including pilot projects and field demonstrations. NRCS will accept applications under this notice for single or multi-year projects, not to exceed 3 years, submitted by eligible entities from all 50 States, the Caribbean Area (Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands), and the Pacific Islands Area (Guam, American Samoa, and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands). Eligible entities include Federally recognized Indian tribes, State and local units of government, and non-governmental organizations and individuals. A two-phase evaluation process will be utilized for applications submitted under this notice. The first phase requires the applicant to submit a pre-proposal application. Pre-proposal applications will be screened for completeness and compliance with the provisions of this notice. Incomplete applications will be eliminated from competition, and notification of elimination will be mailed to the applicant. NRCS staff will evaluate complete pre-proposal applications based on how they demonstrate the use of innovative technologies and/or approaches to address at least one of the topics provided in section I.D. of this notice. NRCS will only request a full proposal package from those applicants selected in the preproposal process. Complete applications received by applicable deadlines will be evaluated by a technical peer review panel based on the Application Evaluation Criteria identified in the application instructions in section VI.B. Full proposal applications, along with their associated technical peer review, will then be forwarded to the Grants Review Board. The Grants Review Board will make its recommendations for project approval to the NRCS Chief who will make the final selections.
|Federal Grant Title:||2013 Conservation Innovation Grants|
|Federal Agency Name:||Natural Resources Conservation Service|
|Grant Categories:||Agriculture Environment Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||USDA-NRCS-NHQ-CIG-13-03FP|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Environmental Quality Incentives Program|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 13, 2013|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 13, 2013|
|Posted Date:||May 02, 2013|
|Creation Date:||May 02, 2013|
|Archive Date:||Jun 30, 2013|
|Total Program Funding:||$25,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS FOR APPLICANTS WHO HAVE SUBMITTED THEIR "PRE-PROPOSALS" APPLICATIONS FOR CONSIDERATION OF THE 2013 CONSERVATION INNOVATION GRANT FUNDING OPPORTUNITY AND HAVE BEEN SELECTED TO SUBMIT THEIR "FULL PROPOSALS" APPLICATIONS.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Gregorio Cruz, National CIG Prg. Mgr. USDA, NRCS, S&T 1400 Independence Ave, SW, Rm. 0103-S Washington, DC 20250 Tel.:(703) 235-8065/Fax:(703) 235-8259
National CIG Contact [[email protected]]
- Similar Government Grants
- • South Carolina urban communities
- • Announcement for Program Funding for Natural Resources Conservation Service's Conservation...
- • Ohio NRCS Conservation Innovation Grants
- • Notice of Funding Opportunity for NRCS' Conservation Innovation Grants (CIG) National comp...
- • Conservation Innovation Grants
- • Conservation Innovation Grants - Chesapeake Bay Watershed
- • Environmental Quality Incentive Program Assistance Irrigation Technical Services
- More Grants from the Natural Resources Conservation Service
- • Notice of Funding Opportunity for NRCS' Voluntary Public Access- Habitat Incentives Progra...
- • Announcement for Program Funding for NRCS's Regional Conservation Partnership Program (RCP...
- • Farm Bill Implementation Assistance in Oregon
- • Maryland Funding Opportunity Announcement
- • Partnerships to provide direct technical services