Alcohol Research Center Grants
The summary for the Alcohol Research Center Grants grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Alcohol Research Center Grants: The National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA) provides grant support for Alcohol Research Centers to conduct and foster interdisciplinary research on alcoholism and alcohol abuse. The Center program is interrelated with and complementary to all other research support mechanisms and scientific activities that comprise the programs of research on the nature, causes, and consequences of alcohol abuse and alcoholism, including diagnosis, treatment, prevention, and health services research related to prevention and treatment of alcoholism. Centers are designed to stimulate and encourage application of multiple perspectives and approaches to alcohol related problems. Support for four of the current 5-year Center grant awards will expire in late 2003. Research within each of these Centers is organized around a central theme: alcohol in host defense and infection with focus on HIV and AIDS; identification of mechanisms to explain stimulus effects of alcohol on central nervous system and brain response; gene and environment interaction studies to clarify the respective influence of biological and social factors on transmission of heritability in polygenic disease; development of alcoholic liver disease and pancreatitis and the relative role of alcohol during manipulation of secondary factors known to influence ethanol induced tissue and organ damage. Applications for new Centers in these and other research areas will be accepted with applications from currently funded Centers seeking renewal support.
|Federal Grant Title:||Alcohol Research Center Grants|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-AA-03-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Alcohol Research Center Grants|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Dec 10, 2002|
|Posted Date:||Jul 17, 2002|
|Creation Date:||Jan 09, 2003|
|Archive Date:||Jan 09, 2003|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments County governments City or township governments Special district governments Independent school districts Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education Individuals For profit organizations other than small businesses Small businesses Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster OERWebmaster@od.nih.gov NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Specialized Alcohol Research Centers (P50)
- • Resource Core Alcohol Research Centers (P30)
- • Comprehensive Alcohol Research Centers (P60)
- • Collaborative Minority Alcohol Research Center Development (U54)
- • Alcohol Research Resource Awards (R24)
- • Collaborative Initiative on Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders
- • Research Partnership Awards for Rapid Response to College Drinking Problems
- • Developmental/Exploratory Alcohol Research Centers (P20)
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Limited Competition for NIH-Industry Program: Discovering Pediatric New Therapeutic Uses f...
- • Environmental influences on Placental Origins of Development (ePOD) (R01)
- • Limited Competition for NIH-Industry Program: Discovering New Therapeutic Uses for Existin...
- • Pre-application for the NIH-Industry Program: Discovering New Therapeutic Uses for Existin...
- • Early Phase Clinical Trials in Imaging and Image-Guided Interventions (R01)