Activities to Avoid Jeopardy
The summary for the Activities to Avoid Jeopardy grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Reclamation Upper Colorado Region, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Activities to Avoid Jeopardy: The Bureau of Reclamation (Reclamation) is requesting proposals for projects in support of conservation activities for sensitive aquatic species affected by Reclamation projects and other water development in the Upper Colorado Region. The goal of this program is to reduce the vulnerability and prevent further decline of sensitive aquatic species through management and research activities, thereby reducing the potential for listing under the Endangered Species Act. Pursuing this goal will allow Reclamation to accomplish its core mission of water and power delivery in an environmentally sustainable manner. Priority species include those not currently listed under the Endangered Species Act but are recognized by state and/or federal agencies as sensitive or species of concern. Primary examples include roundtail chub, bluehead sucker, flannelmouth sucker, northern leatherside, southern leatherside, spotted frog, northern leopard frog, and least chub. Two high-priority areas of the program are sensitive species habitat improvement/protection and reducing negative impacts of non-native species on sensitive native species. Proposals for research and monitoring will also be considered, although the role of these projects in implementation of management plans must be clearly identified. (It is anticipated to make multiple awards for this request, not a single award as indicated above.)
|Federal Grant Title:||Activities to Avoid Jeopardy|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Reclamation Upper Colorado Region|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||R11SF40013|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Fish and Wildlife Coordination Act|
|Current Application Deadline:||Apr 19, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||Apr 19, 2011|
|Posted Date:||February 17th, 2011|
|Creation Date:||Feb 22, 2011|
|Archive Date:||Apr 29, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:||$200,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Melynda Roberts Grants Specialist Phone 801-524-3727
- Similar Government Grants
- • 6-year Steelhead Telemetry Study Analysis and Reporting
- • Notice of Intent to Award to Montana Fish Wildlife and Parks - Upper Missour River Pallid ...
- • Habitat Assessment in Blocked Area
- • Salton Sea Management Program Avian Habitat Study
- • Notice of Intent to Award - Holtville-Alamo Wetlands Construction Project
- • Habitat Restoration, Improvement and Planning Program in South-Central California Area Off...
- • Modeling and Monitoring of Water Quality for the williamson river Delta Restoration Projec...
- • Sulphur Creek Fish Barrier
- More Grants from the Bureau of Reclamation Upper Colorado Region
- • Hopi Participation in the Long-Term Experimental and Management Plan for the Glen Canyon D...
- • Long Term Experimental and Management Plan (LTEMP) Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) Pa...
- • Analysis of Potential San Juan Ecosystem Restoration Sites and Hazardous Material Threats
- • Paiute Participation in the Long-Term Experimental and Management Plan for the Glen Canyon...
- • Design, Construction and Construction Oversight for the Reaches 24.1, 25 and 26 of the Nav...