Addressing Immunization Disparities in Minority Populations
The summary for the Addressing Immunization Disparities in Minority Populations grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Addressing Immunization Disparities in Minority Populations: The purpose of the program will be to implement effective approaches for improving immunization rates among one or more minority groups for whom studies show evidence of under-immunization or other disparities in vaccine coverage. For the purpose of this project, minority groups are defined as in the 2000 census: American Indian or Alaskan Native, Asian American, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latino, and Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander.
|Federal Grant Title:||Addressing Immunization Disparities in Minority Populations|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-IP11-1101|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Immunization Research, Demonstration, Public Information and Education_Training and Clinical Skills Improvement Projects|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 05, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 05, 2011|
|Posted Date:||May 19, 2011|
|Creation Date:||May 19, 2011|
|Archive Date:||Aug 04, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,800,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||3|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants that can apply for this funding opportunity are listed below: Nonprofit with 501(c)(3) IRS status (other than institution of higher education) Nonprofit without 501(c)(3) IRS status (other than institution of higher education) Faith-based organizations Federally recognized or state-recognized American Indian/Alaska Native tribal governments American Indian/Alaska native tribally designated organizations Alaska Native health corporations Urban Indian health organizations Justification for Limited Eligibility: While CDC is viewed as a trusted and credible source for immunization information, recent studies have shown that many people are influenced by immunization information from web-based communications or other electronic media resources, some of which is not scientific, accurate, or credible (see Vaccine Criticism on the World Wide Web, Zimmerman et al, J Med Internet Res., 2005 Jun3 29; 7(2):e17) and Antivaccination Activists on the World Wide Web, Davies P, Chapman S, Leask J, Arch Dis Child, 2002 Jul;87(1):22-5). This cooperative agreement is designed to provide an alternate source of scientific, accurate and credible immunization information in reaching minority populations through various venues including electronic and/or digital formats to complement CDCs own web-based resources, and to provide information for persons who would prefer to receive immunization information from non-government sources.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Procurement and Grants Office TIMS Phone 770-488-2700
- Similar Government Grants
- • Integrated Economic, Dynamic Disease, Risk and Decision Analytic Modeling of Global and Do...
- • Cooperative Agreement on Immunization with United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- • Polio Eradication and Emergency Response in Priority Countries
- • COOPERATIVE AGREEMENT WITH THE PAN AMERICAN HEALTH ORGANIZATION (PAHO): Protecting the Adv...
- • Economics, finance, and budgetary evidence to support sustainable financing, planning and ...
- • Coordination of Activities Between the CDC's National Immunization Program and the State a...
- • National Minority Organizations Immunization Projects
- • Using Provider Partnerships to Strengthen the Immunization Message
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2
- • Program Expansion Supplement: Technical Assistance to Provide High-Quality Voluntary Medic...
- • Program Expansion Supplement: Increasing Access to HIV Confidential Voluntary Counseling a...
- • Program Expansion Supplement: Supporting Laboratory Diagnosis and Monitoring to Scale up a...