Agriculture and Food Research Initiative: Childhood Obesity Prevention
The summary for the Agriculture and Food Research Initiative: Childhood Obesity Prevention grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Agriculture and Food Research Initiative: Childhood Obesity Prevention: This AFRI Challenge Area addresses the priority of childhood obesity prevention. Obesity is the number one nutritional problem in America. The U.S. food supply contains an abundant amount of foods that are high in energy with appealing taste, but which are low in nutrient content. Food is an integral part of the process that leads to obesity and USDA has a unique responsibility for the food system in the United States. The long-term outcome for this program is to reduce the prevalence of overweight and obesity among children and adolescents ages 2 to 19 years. In order to achieve this outcome, this program will support multi-function Integrated Research, Education, and/or Extension Projects and Food and Agricultural Science Enhancement (FASE) Grants that address one of the Program Area Priorities (see Childhood Obesity Prevention RFA for details).
|Federal Grant Title:||Agriculture and Food Research Initiative: Childhood Obesity Prevention|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institute of Food and Agriculture|
|Grant Categories:||Agriculture Food and Nutrition Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||USDA-NIFA-AFRI-003410|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Agriculture and Food Research Initiative (AFRI)|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 18, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 18, 2011|
|Posted Date:||January 26th, 2011|
|Creation Date:||Jan 26, 2011|
|Archive Date:||Jun 17, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:||$8,600,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$2,500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||7|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Individuals - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- The list above is abbreviated. Others may be eligible to apply. Eligibility may differ based on Program Area. Please review Part III, A of the current AFRI Childhood Obesity Prevention RFA for more specific eligibility requirements. Note restrictions that apply to integrated applicants. Applications from ineligible institutions will not be reviewed.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIFA Help Desk Phone: 202-401-5048 Business hours are M-F, 7:00 am -5:00 pm ET.
NIFA Help Desk [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Ecology and Evolution of Infectious Diseases
- • AFRI Food, Agriculture, Natural Resources and Human Sciences Education and Literacy Initia...
- • Agriculture and Food Research Initiative - Food, Agriculture, Natural Resources and Human ...
- • Innovations at the Nexus of Food, Energy and Water Systems
- • National Robotics Initiative
- • Opportunity USDA-CSREES-AFRI-001967
- • Agriculture and Food Research Initiative Competitive Grants Program
- • Disaster Resilience for Rural Communities
- More Grants from the National Institute of Food and Agriculture
- • Specialty Crop Research Initiative Request for Pre-applications
- • Promoting Integrated Pest Management in Affordable Housing
- • Military Spouse Licensure Portability Examination
- • Army Family Advocacy Program: Research and Prevention
- • Department of Defense (DoD) Teen Adventure Camp Program