Alaska Native-Serving and Native Hawaiian-Serving Institutions Education Competitive Grants Program
The summary for the Alaska Native-Serving and Native Hawaiian-Serving Institutions Education Competitive Grants Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Alaska Native-Serving and Native Hawaiian-Serving Institutions Education Competitive Grants Program: The purpose of this program is to promote and strengthen the ability of Alaska Native-Serving Institutions and Native Hawaiian-Serving Institutions to carry out education, applied research, and related community development programs. NIFA intends this program to address educational needs, as determined by each institution, within a broadly defined arena of food and agricultural sciences-related disciplines. Priority will be given to those projects that enhance educational equity for under represented students; strengthen institutional educational capacities; prepare students for careers related to the food, agricultural, and natural resource systems of the United States; and maximize the development and use of resources to improve food and agricultural sciences teaching programs.
|Federal Grant Title:||Alaska Native-Serving and Native Hawaiian-Serving Institutions Education Competitive Grants Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institute of Food and Agriculture|
|Grant Categories:||Agriculture Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||USDA-NIFA-AHSI-003407|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Alaska Native Serving and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions Education Grants|
|Current Application Deadline:||Mar 03, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 03, 2011|
|Posted Date:||January 25th, 2011|
|Creation Date:||Jan 25, 2011|
|Archive Date:||Apr 04, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:||$3,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$150,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Individual public or private, nonprofit Alaska Native-serving and Native Hawaiian-serving institutions of higher education that meet the definitions of Alaska Native-Serving Institution or Native Hawaiian-Serving Institution established in Title III, Part A of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended (20 U.S.C. 1059d.) are eligible institutions under this program. See RFA for further information.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIFA Help Desk Phone: 202-401-5048 Business hours are M-F, 7:00 am - 5:00 pm ET, excluding Federal holidays
If you have any questions related to preparing application content [email@example.com]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Alaska Native-Serving and Native Hawaiian-Serving Institutions Education Competitive Grant...
- • Alaska Native-Serving and Native Hawaiian-Seving Institutions Education Competitive Grants...
- • Alaska Native-Serving and Native Hawaiian-Serving Institutions Education Grants Program
- • Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian-Serving Inst. Grants Program
- • Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian- Serving Institutions
- More Grants from the National Institute of Food and Agriculture
- • Beginning Farmer and Rancher Development Program
- • Specialty Crop Research Initiative Request for Pre-applications
- • Promoting Integrated Pest Management in Affordable Housing
- • Military Spouse Licensure Portability Examination
- • Army Family Advocacy Program: Research and Prevention