Alliance of Glycobiologists for Detection of Cancer (U01)
The summary for the Alliance of Glycobiologists for Detection of Cancer (U01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Alliance of Glycobiologists for Detection of Cancer (U01): The purpose of this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is to continue support for the program referred to as the Alliance of Glycobiologists for Detection of Cancer (http://glycomics.cancer.gov). Through this FOA, the NCI solicits new and competing renewal applications for research projects to elucidate how changes in cellular carbohydrates may promote cancer initiation and progression and use this information to identify glycan-based abnormalities that have the potential to serve as biomarkers for early cancer detection or risk assessment. These changes may be studied at the level of glycoproteins, glycolipids, glycosaminoglycans, and/or their binding proteins. The proposed projects must also address the ability of these biomarker candidates to accurately distinguish individuals with cancer from those without. It is expected that the most promising biomarker candidates will ultimately be tested in clinical validation studies, although such validation studies are not required for the proposed projects. In addition to planning for the individual research projects, the applicants responding to this FOA must plan for the participation in trans-Alliance activities, including collaborative projects with other awardees.
|Federal Grant Title:||Alliance of Glycobiologists for Detection of Cancer (U01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-CA-11-009|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cancer Cause and Prevention Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||Oct 07, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||Oct 07, 2011|
|Posted Date:||Jul 28, 2011|
|Creation Date:||Jul 28, 2011|
|Archive Date:||Nov 07, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:||$3,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$350,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession; Foreign (non-U.S.) components on applications submitted by U.S. Organizations are allowed.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Coordinating Center for Canine Immunotherapy Trials and Correlative Studies (U24)
- • Canine Immunotherapy Trials and Correlative Studies (U01)
- • Potential Effects of Metformin on Aging and Age-Related Conditions: Small-Scale Clinical S...
- • Revision Applications for U.S.-South Africa Program for Collaborative Biomedical Research ...
- • NCI Research Specialist (laboratory-based Scientist) Award (R50)
- • Pilot Studies in Pancreatic Cancer
- • Cancer Prevention Research Small Grant Program
- • Molecular Targets for Nutrients in Prostate Cancer Prevention
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Limited Competition for NIH-Industry Program: Discovering Pediatric New Therapeutic Uses f...
- • Environmental influences on Placental Origins of Development (ePOD) (R01)
- • Limited Competition for NIH-Industry Program: Discovering New Therapeutic Uses for Existin...
- • Pre-application for the NIH-Industry Program: Discovering New Therapeutic Uses for Existin...
- • Early Phase Clinical Trials in Imaging and Image-Guided Interventions (R01)