American Beech Restoration at PIRO and SLBE
The summary for the American Beech Restoration at PIRO and SLBE grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Park Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
American Beech Restoration at PIRO and SLBE: The Recipient is a member of the Great Lakes Northern Forest CESU who was awarded a Master Cooperative Agreement P12AC31164 allowing Michigan Technological University to participate in specific tasks, and can provide the necessary activities involved in this particular task while providing an effective outcome for NPS and the objectives of this research/educational project. The recipient is able to provided expertise regarding specific forest pest, pathogen, landscape ecology, and restoration issues facing the NPS units involved. Partner facilities, staff, and cooperative involvement fill a void in expertise and infrastructure to successfully address a significant landscape-scale issue. Activities associated with this award include data gathering at established forest health monitoring plots, establishing forest health plots at Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshort, identifying and monitoring putatively resistant trees; conducting a literature review of beech propagation techniques, screening for resistance to beech bark disease, and artificial establishment of beech; conducting a spatial analysis of existing vegetation and site date, development of an establishment plan for beech resistance stock, propagation of BBD resistant trees, and initiation of studies to fill gaps in knowledge regarding propagation and outplanning of BBD resistant tree stock.
|Federal Grant Title:||American Beech Restoration at PIRO and SLBE|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Park Service (DOI-NPS)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Other|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NOIP16AC01398|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||August 19th, 2016|
|Original Application Deadline:||August 19th, 2016|
|Posted Date:||August 5th, 2016|
|Creation Date:||August 5th, 2016|
|Archive Date:||September 18th, 2016|
|Total Program Funding:||$450,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$450,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||August 5th, 2016|
- Category Explanation
- This Funding Announcement is not a request for applications. This announcement is to provide public notice of the National Park Service (NPS) intention to fund a Task Agreement against an existing Master Agreement - P12AC31164.
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- This Funding Announcement is not a request for applications. This announcement is to provide public notice of the National Park Service (NPS) intention to fund a Task Agreement against an existing Master Agreement. Michigan Technological University is a member of the Great Lakes Northern Forest Cooperative Studies Ecosystem Unit and is being awarded a task agreement under an existing Master Agreement P12AC31164.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Julie Hendricks
Lead Grants Management Specialist
contact via email
- Similar Government Grants
- • Ethnographic Overview and Traditional Associations Study of Channel Islands National Park ...
- • Prepare Historic Resources Study of Climbing for Joshua Tree National Park, California
- • Management techniques to enhance California prairie biodiversity
- • Conservation of native biodiversity in Southern California National Parks
- • Improve control strategies for invasive plants and fungal pathogens in Hawaii Volcanoes Na...
- • Historic Structure Analysis of Bowman-Hite House and Bank Barn, Cedar Creek and Belle Grov...
- • National Park Service- Catalog Southwest Regional Office Central Files
- • National Park Service- Archeological Testing at LA162528/PECO742, Pigeon's Ranch Subunit, ...
- More Grants from the National Park Service
- • Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Area
- • Essex National Heritage Area
- • Hudson River Valley National Heritage Area
- • Lackawanna Valley National Heritage Area
- • Susquehanna National Heritage Area