American Burying Beetle Mitigation Project
The summary for the American Burying Beetle Mitigation Project grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
American Burying Beetle Mitigation Project: The Bureau of Land Management has several wild horse long term holding facilities that are located in the American Burying Beetle habitat. This beetle is considered an endangered species and therefore the BLM must manage the habitat within guidelines established, through Section 7 consultation under the Endangered Species Act (ESA), with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS). In order for the long term holding facilities to continue operation, the Bureau of Land Management will provide funding to TNC to mitigate potential impacts to this species. An agreement regarding conservation of the American Burying Beetle and the operation of the BLM's Wild Horse Long Term Hold Facilities which occur in ABB habitat in Oklahoma provides the BLM an opportunity to benefit from operation improvements while meeting our obligation under the Endangered Species Act (ESA).
|Federal Grant Title:||American Burying Beetle Mitigation Project|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NM-NOI08-0008|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Wild Horse and Burro Resource Management|
|Current Application Deadline:||Sep 17, 2008|
|Original Application Deadline:||Sep 17, 2008|
|Posted Date:||Sep 12, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Sep 12, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Oct 17, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:||$200,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$40,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Janet Huff Grants & Agreements Specialist Phone 505-761-8941
- Similar Government Grants
- • WO Wild Horse and Burro Training, Placement and Marketing Project
- • BLM-Idaho, Wildhorse Management and Education Project, Challis Field Office
- • BLM CA Rio Cosumnes Correctional Center Wild Horse Training Program
- • BLM WO Centennial Wild Horse Eco-sanctuary Deerwood Ranch Rawlins FO WY
- • BLM OR-WA: Beaty Butte Wild Horse Gather, Fertility Control, and Training Assistance Progr...
- • Utah Wild Horse and Burro Program
- • Nevada Wild Horse Holding and Training Program
- • NV Wild Horse & Burro Training-Adoption Mentoring Project
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...
- • NM Oil and Gas Inspection and Enforcement (I & E) Program
- • BLM FY2020 Bureau-wide Management Studies Support Program for National Conservation Lands