American Overseas Research Centers Program CFDA 84.274A
The summary for the American Overseas Research Centers Program CFDA 84.274A grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Education, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
American Overseas Research Centers Program CFDA 84.274A: .Note: Each funding opportunity description is a synopsis of information in the Federal Register application notice. For specific information about eligibility, please see the official application notice. The official version of this document is the document published in the Federal Register. Free Internet access to the official edition of the Federal Register and the Code of Federal Regulations is available on GPO Access at: http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/index.html. Please review the official application notice for pre-application and application requirements, application submission information, performance measures, priorities and program contact information. Purpose of Program: The American Overseas Research Centers (AORC) Program provides grants to any American overseas research center that is a consortium of United States institutions of higher education to enable the center to promote postgraduate research, exchanges, and area studies. AORC grants may be used to pay all or a portion of the cost of establishing or operating a center or program, including the cost of operation and maintenance of overseas facilities; the cost of organizing and managing conferences; the cost of teaching and research materials; the cost of acquisition, maintenance, and preservation of library collections; the cost of bringing visiting scholars and faculty to the center to teach or to conduct research; the cost of faculty and staff stipends and salaries; the cost of faculty, staff, and student travel; and the cost of publication and dissemination of material for the scholarly and general public. Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) Number: 84.274A. Applications for grants under the American Overseas Research Centers Program--CFDA Number 84.274A must be submitted electronically using the Grants.gov Apply site at: http://www.grants.gov. Through this site, you will be able to download a copy of the application package, complete it offline, and then upload and submit your application. You may not e-mail an electronic copy of a grant application to us. You may access the electronic grant application for the American Overseas Research Centers Program at: http://www.grants.gov. You must search for the downloadable application package for this program by the CFDA number. Do not include the CFDA number's alpha suffix in your search. The telephone number for the Grants.gov Helpdesk is 1-800-518-4726.
|Federal Grant Title:||American Overseas Research Centers Program CFDA 84.274A|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||ED-GRANTS-012907-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||American Overseas Research Centers|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 15, 2007 Applications Available: January 29,|
|Posted Date:||Jan 29, 2007|
|Creation Date:||Jan 29, 2007|
|Archive Date:||Apr 14, 2007|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,150,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||14|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible Applicants: Any American overseas research center that is a consortium of United States institutions of higher education that (1) Receives more than 50 percent of their funding from public or private United States sources; (2) has a permanent presence in the country in which the center is located; and (3) is an organization described in section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, which is exempt from taxation under section 501(a) of the Code.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Julius Cotton
ED Grants.gov FIND System Admin.
Phone (202) 245-6140
Cheryl E. Gibbs
U.S. Department of Education
1990 K Street, NW., suite 6083 Washington, DC 20006-8521
- Similar Government Grants
- • Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE): American Overseas Research Centers (AORC) Program...
- More Grants from the Department of Education
- • Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE): Minority Science and Engineering Improvement Prog...
- • Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE): Upward Bound Program CFDA Number 84.047A
- • Office of innovation and Improvement (OII): Investing in Innovation (I3) Fund: Development...
- • Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE): Preschool Development Grants: Prescho...
- • Office of Career, Technical, and Adult Education (OCTAE): Performance Partnership Pilots (...