Ancillary Studies of Kidney Disease Accessing Information from Clinical Trials, Epidemiological Studies, and Databases (R21)
The summary for the Ancillary Studies of Kidney Disease Accessing Information from Clinical Trials, Epidemiological Studies, and Databases (R21) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Ancillary Studies of Kidney Disease Accessing Information from Clinical Trials, Epidemiological Studies, and Databases (R21): The National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK) invites investigator-initiated research project applications for ancillary studies to ongoing or completed clinical trials and epidemiological studies of kidney disease as well as clinical trials and epidemiological studies for other diseases or populations that lend themselves to the study of kidney disease. These studies may range from new analyses of existing datasets of completed studies to additional collection of data and biological specimens in ongoing investigations. The goal of these studies should be to extend our understanding of the risk factors for developing kidney disease and their associated co-morbid illnesses such as malnutrition and cardiovascular disease, factors associated with rapid decline in kidney function among persons with chronic kidney disease, and the impact of these diseases on quality of life and mental and physical functioning. Studies of biomarkers for patients with acute renal failure and other kidney diseases, for example, are also appropriate topics for further investigation. Studies ancillary to both government and non-government supported clinical trials and epidemiological studies are encouraged. Analysis of large public access databases and other databases is also encouraged.
|Federal Grant Title:||Ancillary Studies of Kidney Disease Accessing Information from Clinical Trials, Epidemiological Studies, and Databases (R21)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-06-164|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Kidney Diseases, Urology and Hematology Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 02, 2009|
|Posted Date:||Mar 02, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Nov 09, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Dec 15, 2006|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Special district governments City or township governments County governments Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Independent school districts Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) For profit organizations other than small businesses Public and State controlled institutions of higher education State governments Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are eligible to apply. Eligible agencies of the Federal Government are eligible to apply. Faith-based or community-based organizations
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Investigations on Primary Immunodeficiency Diseases (R01)
- • Grants for Basic Research in Glomerular Diseases (R01)
- • Advances in Polycystic Kidney Disease (R01)
- • Ancillary Studies of Kidney Disease Accessing Information from Clinical Trials, Epidemiolo...
- • Calcium Oxalate Stone Diseases (R01)
- • Research Grants for Clinical Studies of Kidney Diseases
- • Chronic Prostatitis Collaborative Research Network (Cpcrn)
- • Frequent Hemodialysis Clinical Trials
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...