Ancillary Studies to the AD Neuroimaging Initiative (R01)
The summary for the Ancillary Studies to the AD Neuroimaging Initiative (R01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Ancillary Studies to the AD Neuroimaging Initiative (R01): This FOA invites research grant applications for ancillary studies to the Alzheimer s Disease Neuroimaging Initiative (ADNI), a multi-site, longitudinal, prospective, naturalistic study of normal cognitive aging, mild cognitive impairment (MCI), and early Alzheimer's disease (AD). The ADNI is collecting, processing, and storing serial blood, CSF, and urine samples in the three groups for analyses for potential biomarkers of disease progression, including genomic, proteomic, and metabolomic markers that can be correlated with clinical, neuropsychological, and imaging data. Immortalized cell lines will also be established. The ancillary studies may propose and measure potential biomarkers, or offer new approaches to analyzing the dataset (e.g., image processing techniques, statistical analysis), or develop parallel neuroimaging studies with a different sample but with a subset of the measures used in the ADNI protocol, or propose autopsy studies.
|Federal Grant Title:||Ancillary Studies to the AD Neuroimaging Initiative (R01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-07-134|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Discovery and Applied Research for Technological Innovations to Improve Human Health 93.866 Aging Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to Full Announce|
|Posted Date:||Dec 13, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Dec 14, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Dec 06, 2007|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Special district governments Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) For profit organizations other than small businesses Independent school districts City or township governments Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education County governments Small businesses State governments Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are eligible to apply. Eligible agencies of the Federal Government can apply. Faith-based or community-based organizations can apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...