Anemia in the Elderly
The summary for the Anemia in the Elderly grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Anemia in the Elderly: - This RFA supports new applications for investigator-initiated research grants to explore the epidemiology, pathophysiology, and clinical aspects (diagnosis, treatment, and prevention) of anemia in the elderly. - The total amount to be awarded is $2.5 million. - The anticipated number of awards is four to eight. - The types of mechanisms comprise R21, R34, and R01 awards. - Eligible organizations include for-profit or non-profit organizations, public or private institutions, units of State and local governments, and eligible agencies of the Federal government. - Eligible principal investigators include individuals from eligible institutions who are qualified to carry out the proposed research. - Applicants may submit more than one application, provided they are scientifically distinct. - See Section IV.1 for application materials. - Telecommunications for the hearing impaired is available at: TTY 301-451-0088
|Federal Grant Title:||Anemia in the Elderly|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-AG-06-002|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Blood Diseases and Resources Research 93.866 Aging Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jan 20, 2006|
|Posted Date:||Aug 16, 2005|
|Creation Date:||Aug 16, 2005|
|Archive Date:||Feb 19, 2006|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education For profit organizations other than small businesses Small businesses Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education State governments County governments City or township governments Special district governments Independent school districts Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible agencies of the Federal Government are eligible to apply. Foreign institutions are not eligible to apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [email protected] NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...