Assessing Congestion at Miners Beach, Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore - GLNF NOTICE ON INTENT TO FUND A TASK AGREEMENT
The summary for the Assessing Congestion at Miners Beach, Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore - GLNF NOTICE ON INTENT TO FUND A TASK AGREEMENT grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Park Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Assessing Congestion at Miners Beach, Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore - GLNF NOTICE ON INTENT TO FUND A TASK AGREEMENT: OVERVIEW, RECIPIENT AND NPS SUBSTANTIAL INVOLVEMENTThe Recipient is a member of the Great Lakes Northern Forest CESU who was awarded a Master Cooperative Agreement P12AC31164 allowing the University of Minnesota to participate in specific tasks, and can provide the necessary activities involved in this particular task while providing an effective outcome for NPS and the objectives of this research/educational project. Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore staff will be working closely with the University of Minnesota student and faculty to observe the public access and use of Miners Beach. This will help with safety planning as well as future visitor use management in environmental stewardship.This project “Assess use and visitor behavior among water-based and waterfront visitors through observation along Miners Beach at Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore” will contribute to public understanding of the current use patterns of the public access along Miners Beach. This project would be a part of the “Parks and Protected Area” Management program under the University of Minnesota and support a graduate student thesis work. This information is not necessary for the daily function and support of the NPS mission at Pictured Rocks though will help inform the park as to what use is occurring and more thoroughly inform management options. There is no current data about the use of this area, only limited descriptions of what various interested stakeholders have communicated to the park. Given some of the information regarding “overcrowding” and limited water experience by the recreational users along the lakeshore that's been communicated by stakeholders, the park does have a concern about safety planning and preparedness if any emergency should occur. The data collected from this project will allow use limits and visitor needs to be addressed that will maintain a more positive and safer public boating experience.
|Federal Grant Title:||Assessing Congestion at Miners Beach, Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore - GLNF NOTICE ON INTENT TO FUND A TASK AGREEMENT|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Park Service (DOI-NPS)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NOIP16AC00858|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||September 15th, 2016|
|Original Application Deadline:||September 15th, 2016|
|Posted Date:||September 14th, 2016|
|Creation Date:||September 14th, 2016|
|Archive Date:||October 15th, 2016|
|Total Program Funding:||$48,713|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$50,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||September 14th, 2016|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- NOTICE OF INTENT - This announcement is to provide public notice of the National Park Service (NPS) intention to fund a Task Agreement against an existing Master Agreement.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Julie Hendricks
Lead Grants Management Specialist
CONTACT VIA EMAIL
- Similar Government Grants
- • Ethnographic Overview and Traditional Associations Study of Channel Islands National Park ...
- • Prepare Historic Resources Study of Climbing for Joshua Tree National Park, California
- • Management techniques to enhance California prairie biodiversity
- • Conservation of native biodiversity in Southern California National Parks
- • Improve control strategies for invasive plants and fungal pathogens in Hawaii Volcanoes Na...
- • Historic Structure Analysis of Bowman-Hite House and Bank Barn, Cedar Creek and Belle Grov...
- • National Park Service- Catalog Southwest Regional Office Central Files
- • National Park Service- Archeological Testing at LA162528/PECO742, Pigeon's Ranch Subunit, ...
- More Grants from the National Park Service
- • Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Area
- • Essex National Heritage Area
- • Hudson River Valley National Heritage Area
- • Lackawanna Valley National Heritage Area
- • Susquehanna National Heritage Area