Assessment and Evaluation of Limber Pine in Wyoming and Montana
The summary for the Assessment and Evaluation of Limber Pine in Wyoming and Montana grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Assessment and Evaluation of Limber Pine in Wyoming and Montana: A.Project Background Information: Limber pine is on the Wyoming BLM sensitive species list, due to extensive mortality from mountain pine beetle, white pine blister rust and climate change. Little is known about the specifics of the mortality numbers and limited research has been done in limber pine woodlands, especially at the lower elevations. B.Project Objective: The assessment and evaluation of limber pine stands in Wyoming and Montana to determine the extent of mountain pine beetle and white pine blister rust infestations/infections within the limber pine woodlands including presence of alternate hosts for white pine blister rust, amount of reproduction and general stand characteristics of these woodlands to provide information to enable management decisions and prioritization of project level actions. C. Period of Agreement: 2 years AWARD INFORMATION A. Expected Number of Awards: 1 B. Estimated Total Program Funding: $62,000 over two years C. Award Ceiling: $12,000 D. Assistance Instrument: Grant ELIGIBILITY INFORMATION A. Eligible Applicants: Colorado State University (Great Plains CESU) This Funding Announcement is not a request for applications. This announcement is to provide public notice of the Bureau of Land Managements intention to fund the following project activities without full and open competition. B. Cost Sharing or Matching: This program has no statutory matching funds requirement, however, applicants offering matching funds are more likely to be funded. If cost sharing is from a third party include a copy of the letter committing funds or interest in the project.
|Federal Grant Title:||Assessment and Evaluation of Limber Pine in Wyoming and Montana|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L11AS00023|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Forests and Woodlands Resource Management|
|Current Application Deadline:||Mar 03, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 03, 2011|
|Posted Date:||February 14th, 2011|
|Creation Date:||Feb 14, 2011|
|Archive Date:||Jul 31, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:||$62,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$12,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$12,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Ilze J Karklins-Powers, Grants Management Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Similar Government Grants
- • BLM OR/WA for Ely District, Nevada - Kern Mountain Landscape Restoration Stewardship Proje...
- • Blm Northwest Colorado Forestry Good Neighbor Agreement
- • BLM OR-WA (for Redding, CA) Weaverville Community Forest Stewardship
- • BLM OR-WA Baker Cypress Restoration Stewardship, Redding, CA, Field Office
- • BLM OR/WA - BLM Colorado Statewide Stewardship Projects
- • BLM ID Inland Empire Tree Improvement Coop
- • BLM WY Hooligan Springs Prescribed Fire Preparation
- • Remote Sensing and GIS to Estimate Pinyon Juniper Tree Density and Cover CESU Project
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM-MT, Zortman/Landusky Water Treatment and Reclamation, State Office
- • BLM FY2017 Bureau-wide National Conservation Lands Scientific Studies Support Program
- • Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Research Innovation (GRIN) Announcement (1 Task...
- • Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Announcement (6 Task Statements)
- • BLM-Idaho Shoshone-Paiute Tribes Youth Project - Development and Collection of Native Plan...