Atomic Molecular and Optical Physics
The summary for the Atomic Molecular and Optical Physics grant is detailed below.
This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants.
Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact.
If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Science Foundation, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Atomic Molecular and Optical Physics: The Atomic Molecular and Optical Physics program encompasses four sub-areas of this broad discipline: Precision Measurements, Atomic and Molecular Dynamics, Atomic and Molecular Structure, and Optical Physics. Research supported in the first three sub-areas includes activities in quantum control, cooling and trapping of atoms and ions, low-temperature collision dynamics, the collective behavior of atoms in weakly interacting gases (Bose-Einstein Condensates and dilute Fermi degenerate systems), precision measurements of fundamental constants, and the effects of electron correlation on structure and dynamics. In Optical Physics, support is provided in areas such as nonlinear response of isolated atoms to intense, ultra-short electromagnetic fields, the atom-cavity interaction at high fields, and quantum properties of the electromagnetic field.
|Federal Grant Title:
||Atomic Molecular and Optical Physics
|Federal Agency Name:
||National Science Foundation
||Science and Technology
|Type of Opportunity:
|Funding Opportunity Number:
|Type of Funding:
||Mathematical and Physical Sciences
|Current Application Deadline:
||No deadline provided
|Original Application Deadline:
||Sep 26, 2007 subsequent due dates: last Wednesday
||Jul 22, 2005
||Nov 07, 2007
||No date given
|Total Program Funding:
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:
|Expected Number of Awards:
|Cost Sharing or Matching:
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NSF Grants.gov Assistance email@example.com (e-mail)
- Similar Government Grants
- • Mathematical Biology
- • Office of Cross-Cutting Activities in Materials Research
- • Analysis
- • Ideas Lab: Measuring "Big G" Challenge
- • Quantum Information Science
- • Foundations
- • Polymers (POL)
- • Program for Research and Education with Small Telescopes (PREST)
- More Grants from the National Science Foundation
- • Arctic Research Opportunities
- • ADVANCE: Increasing the Participation and Advancement of Women in Academic Science and Eng...
- • Mathematical Biology
- • Network for Computational Nanotechnology (NCN)
- • Fluid Dynamics