Bariatric Surgery Clinical Research Consortium
The summary for the Bariatric Surgery Clinical Research Consortium grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Bariatric Surgery Clinical Research Consortium: The National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK) invites applications for establishment of a Bariatric Surgery Clinical Research Consortium (BSCRC)to focuses on bariatric surgery and its role in the understanding and treatment of obesity and its complications. Bariatric surgery involves reducing the size of the gastric reservoir, with or without a degree of associated malabsorption, with a goal of inducing weight loss among patients with extreme obesity.(American Society for Bariatric Surgery, 2001) The objective of this Request for Applications (RFA) is to establish and maintain a Bariatric Surgery Clinical Research Consortium consisting of a group of between four and six interactive Clinical Centers (CCs) and a Data Coordinating Center (DCC). The goal of the BSCRC is to facilitate coordinated clinical, epidemiological, and behavioral research in the field of bariatric surgery, through the cooperative development of common clinical protocols and a bariatric surgery database to collect information from participating CCs. This is a one-time solicitation to support a Clinical Research Consortium for five years.
|Federal Grant Title:||Bariatric Surgery Clinical Research Consortium|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Health Food and Nutrition|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-DK-03-006|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Digestive Diseases and Nutrition Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 18, 2003|
|Posted Date:||Nov 07, 2002|
|Creation Date:||Apr 17, 2003|
|Archive Date:||Apr 17, 2003|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments County governments City or township governments Special district governments Independent school districts Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education Individuals For profit organizations other than small businesses Small businesses Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster OERWebmaster@od.nih.gov NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Research Grants for Studies of Hepatitis C in the Setting of Renal Disease (R01)
- • Intestinal Failure, Short Gut Syndrome and Small Bowel Transplantation (R01)
- • Opportunity PA-06-301
- • Intestinal Stem Cell Consortium (U01)
- • Limited Competition for the Continuation of a National Endoscopic Database (U01)
- • Small Clinical Grants in Digestive Diseases, Nutrition and Obesity
- • Hepatotoxicity Clinical Research Network
- • Silvio O. Conte Digestive Diseases Research Core Centers
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Limited Competition for NIH-Industry Program: Discovering Pediatric New Therapeutic Uses f...
- • Environmental influences on Placental Origins of Development (ePOD) (R01)
- • Limited Competition for NIH-Industry Program: Discovering New Therapeutic Uses for Existin...
- • Pre-application for the NIH-Industry Program: Discovering New Therapeutic Uses for Existin...
- • Early Phase Clinical Trials in Imaging and Image-Guided Interventions (R01)