BLM AZ Cooperative Wildlife & Burned Area Restoration & Noxious Plant Removal within the Gila River Corridor
The summary for the BLM AZ Cooperative Wildlife & Burned Area Restoration & Noxious Plant Removal within the Gila River Corridor grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BLM AZ Cooperative Wildlife & Burned Area Restoration & Noxious Plant Removal within the Gila River Corridor: Project Background Information: The projects started in 2007 with the Buckeye Fire. Followed by the Robins Butte (2008) and Powers Fires (2009). This program has primarily been accomplished through the Phoenix District Fire program with cooperation through Arizona Game and Fish. All three fires started out as BAER Burned area emergency rehabilitation projects. The primary objectives are to reduce hazardous fuel accumulations and restore degraded habitat caused by salt cedar infestations along the Gila River. Actions are performed in accordance with the National Fire Plan and the President¿s Healthy Forest Initiative. The actives in this project are a continuation of BLM AZ agreement number L09AC15646. Project Objective: The principle purpose is form a partnership to manage and/or restore wildlife and their habitats on BLM public lands along the Gila River area from the Phoenix metropolitan area, across the Highway 85 bridge west to the Gillespie Dam in Arizona. Specifically, sharing the costs of cooperative projects between the two agencies, including but not limited to cooperative planning, vegetative and physical site restoration, habitat enhancement, habitat maintenance, inventory, monitoring, bio-physical studies, animal re-introductions as well as transplants, public access, cooperative law enforcement, compliance, information and education.
|Federal Grant Title:||BLM AZ Cooperative Wildlife & Burned Area Restoration & Noxious Plant Removal within the Gila River Corridor|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L14AS00143|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Invasive and Noxious Plant Management|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 21, 2014 The electronic submission into Gran|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 21, 2014 The electronic submission into Gran|
|Posted Date:||Jun 11, 2014|
|Creation Date:||Jun 11, 2014|
|Archive Date:||Jul 28, 2014|
|Total Program Funding:||$200,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$5,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Special district governments
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Eddie W Bell Jr, Grants Management Officer, 602-417-9268
Bureau of Land Management 801-539-4178
- Similar Government Grants
- • ORWA 2019 Invasive and Noxious Plant Management Master Funding Opportunity
- • BLM Idaho 2019 Invasive and Noxious Plant Mangement
- • AZ Invasive and Noxious Plant Management
- • BLM NM Noxious and Invasive Plant Managemnt
- • BLM-CO: Strengthening Partnerships for Invasive and Noxious Plant Management
- • Lower Grande Ronde River Noxious Weed Project
- • Northeast Oregon Noxious Weed Project
- • Northwest Weed Management Partnership
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...
- • NM Oil and Gas Inspection and Enforcement (I & E) Program
- • BLM FY2020 Bureau-wide Management Studies Support Program for National Conservation Lands