BLM Assessment, Inventory, and Monitoring Program Youth Project
The summary for the BLM Assessment, Inventory, and Monitoring Program Youth Project grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BLM Assessment, Inventory, and Monitoring Program Youth Project: BLM has funding available in California and Utah, but may have future funding in other States to work with a potential partner for the purposes of providing opportunities for upper-level college students and recent college graduates to gain hands-on experience in natural resource management, specifically in areas such as vegetation management, landscape ecology, aquatic and riparian ecosystems, conservation of sensitive plant and animal species, and the management of public lands. BLM is interested in working with a partner that will provide youth to assist professional BLM resource specialists and managers implement provisions of the AIM Strategy and other landscape monitoring and assessment protocols, which are designed to improve approaches for collecting information on the condition, status, trend, and distribution of natural resources on public lands. This would be achieved by establishing a mentoring program whereby recent college graduates work directly with conservation and land management projects to collect monitoring and assessment data while receiving professional development opportunities and experience with the agency. Youth participating in this program will have the opportunity to learn about BLM land-management challenges and responsibilities, applicable Federal laws and regulations, stewardship programs established to conserve biodiversity, and systematic approaches for collecting information to address natural resource issues at multiple scales.
|Federal Grant Title:||BLM Assessment, Inventory, and Monitoring Program Youth Project|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L13AS00086|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Fish, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Resource Management|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jun 03, 2013|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 03, 2013|
|Posted Date:||May 10, 2013|
|Creation Date:||May 16, 2013|
|Archive Date:||Sep 30, 2013|
|Total Program Funding:||$10,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1,000,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||2|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Maria Gochis, BLM Utah Grants Management Officer, 801-539-4178 email@example.com
- Similar Government Grants
- • BLM OR WA 2018 Master Species Conservation
- • BLM ORWA 2018 Master Fish and Wildlife Restoration Access
- • BLM NV 2018 Fish, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Resources Programs
- • BLM MT/DAK Native Fish Study in SW MT
- • MT/DAK Sportsman Access and Habitat Restoration
- • Aerial Surveys
- • Rare Plant Inventories in Montana
- • Aplomado Falcon Restoration Project
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...
- • NM Oil and Gas Inspection and Enforcement (I & E) Program
- • BLM FY2020 Bureau-wide Management Studies Support Program for National Conservation Lands