BLM CA Plant Conservation and Restoration Management
The summary for the BLM CA Plant Conservation and Restoration Management grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BLM CA Plant Conservation and Restoration Management: The California BLM has opportunities to work with partner organizations to accomplish goals of the BLM Plant Conservation & Restoration Program that include, but are not limited to, such things as: 1. Support habitat management efforts to restore keystone wildlife and game species habitats and increase on-the-ground project work to reduce the threats to sage grouse, mule deer, and other sensitive species in high priority habitats. 2. Work with growers to continue to develop genetically appropriate native plant material for use in habitat restoration and reclamation. 3. Support studies to improve the effectiveness of conservation restoration efforts to include, but not be limited to, plant ecological and ecophysiological studies, seed bank persistence, plant propagation and development of agronomic production practices, and trait and/or seed source evaluations as well as seeding treatment and tool development via partners, State Offices and Eco-regional Plant Conservation and Restoration Programs. 4. Support pollinator studies and projects that increase the knowledge and nexus to the importance of native plant communities and pollinators to restoration durability and ecological function. 5. Monitor, protect, increase understanding and restore habitat that supports more than 1,700 rare plant species, more than 400 of which are found exclusively on BLM lands. These plants are integral ecological components of wildlife habitat often providing important forage and habitat structure. 6. Work with partners to implement priority species conservation actions. 7. Assist BLM programs such as Fuels and Emergency Stabilization & Restoration in restoring public lands and integrating more wide spread use of native plant materials. The BLM manages these resources and other vegetation management activities in cooperation with states, tribes, other federal agencies, and non-governmental organizations. 8. Expand public education programs and outreach to include, but not be limited to, development of information bulletins, handbooks, webinars, and apps., that also increase the Citizen Science nexus with BLM and partners.
|Federal Grant Title:||BLM CA Plant Conservation and Restoration Management|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management (DOI-BLM)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L19AS00081|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||September 19th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||September 19th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||July 19th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||July 19th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||October 1st, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:||$5,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1|
|Expected Number of Awards:||15|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||July 21st, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Apply for grant opportunities
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grants Management Officer Karen Law (916) 978-4322
BLM CA Plant Conservation and Restoration Management
- Similar Government Grants
- • BLM (Montana/Dakotas) Plant Conservation and Restoration Management
- • WY Plant Conservation and Restoration Management
- • BLM Idaho Plant Conservation and Restoration Management
- • Nevada Plant Conservation and Restoration Management Program
- • NM Plant Conservation and Restoration Management
- • BLM-NM Genetic Association Project for Kuenzler's Hedgehog Cactus (Echinocereus fendleri v...
- • BLM-AZ, Ecological Monitoring and Adaptive Management
- • BLM ORWA Plant Conservation and Restoration Master Funding Opportunity Announcement
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...
- • NM Oil and Gas Inspection and Enforcement (I & E) Program
- • BLM FY2020 Bureau-wide Management Studies Support Program for National Conservation Lands