BLM OR-WA: Aquatic Monitoring Program
The summary for the BLM OR-WA: Aquatic Monitoring Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BLM OR-WA: Aquatic Monitoring Program: The objective of this project is to create a new macroinvertebrate bioassessment index that can be applied at both the regional and reach scales to make status determinations. A bioassessment index developed for use at multiple spatial scales would benefit multiple agencies, Federal, State, and local, as well as public and private organizations by giving them a tool that can help them identify sites/watersheds in need of protection, preservation and/or restoration. Use of aquatic macroinvertebrates as bioindicators of stream condition can be incorporated into a decision-support model (DSM) which can be used as a method towards assessing overall watershed condition. The capacity of the DSM to make accurate condition and trend determinations is dependent upon the sensitivity of the individual attributes used to define watershed condition. Therefore, in the case of macroinvertebrates, it is critical to identify the optimal bioassessment index, as well as the factors influencing index performance.
|Federal Grant Title:||BLM OR-WA: Aquatic Monitoring Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L13AS00054|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Fish, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Resource Management|
|Current Application Deadline:||Apr 22, 2013|
|Original Application Deadline:||Apr 22, 2013|
|Posted Date:||Apr 01, 2013|
|Creation Date:||Apr 01, 2013|
|Archive Date:||Mar 31, 2014|
|Total Program Funding:||$350,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$39,989|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Sheryl Dowley, Grants and Agreements Specialist, email@example.com
Aquatic Monitoring Program [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • BLM OR WA 2018 Master Species Conservation
- • BLM ORWA 2018 Master Fish and Wildlife Restoration Access
- • BLM NV 2018 Fish, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Resources Programs
- • BLM MT/DAK Native Fish Study in SW MT
- • MT/DAK Sportsman Access and Habitat Restoration
- • Aerial Surveys
- • Rare Plant Inventories in Montana
- • Aplomado Falcon Restoration Project
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...
- • NM Oil and Gas Inspection and Enforcement (I & E) Program
- • BLM FY2020 Bureau-wide Management Studies Support Program for National Conservation Lands