BLM OR/WA Archaeologic Studies
The summary for the BLM OR/WA Archaeologic Studies grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BLM OR/WA Archaeologic Studies: The University of Oregon Museum of Natural and Cultural History (UOMNCH) is Oregon's primary cultural repository and is the federally recognized repository of prehistoric archaeological collections in Oregon. UOMNCH has been working with the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) for over 15 years to further archaeological studies. Animal bone, found in archaeological sites, is one element of archaeological information that is consistently found during archaeological excavations and surface surveys within the BLM Bums, Prineville, Lakeview and Vale Districts in Eastern Oregon. The collection of animal bone from a site can inform archaeologists about hunting practices, butchering techniques, diet and the season of site occupation, important information needed for unraveling the prehistoric past. Other archaeological studies have included such things as lithic debitage studies, artifact analyses, paleobotanical analysis and identification, various dating analyses, (such as carbon-14, optically stimulated luminescence, obsidian sourcing and hydration, volcanic ash identification) and stratigraphic analysis and descriptions could be employed. These archaeological studies can provide the archaeologist with the necessary information to interpret the full range of ancient human activity at sites in this region. This information is then available to the American public through various means.
|Federal Grant Title:||BLM OR/WA Archaeologic Studies|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management (DOI-BLM)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L17AS00021|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||July 11th, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||July 11th, 2017|
|Posted Date:||May 12th, 2017|
|Creation Date:||May 12th, 2017|
|Archive Date:||May 12th, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:||$18,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$18,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||May 12th, 2017|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Check on the Package tab in order to download the full application packet.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grants Management Specialist Shelli Timmons (503) 808-6295
BLM ORWA, Archaeological Studies
- Similar Government Grants
- • Nevada Cultural and Paleontological Resource Management Program
- • BLM Utah Cultural and Paleontological Resource Management Program
- • BLM-ES, Cultural and Paleontological Resource Managment Program
- • Wyoming Cultural and Paleontological Resource Management Program
- • BLM-CO Preserving Cultural and Paleontological Resources on Colorado's Public Lands
- • Anasazi Heritage Center Book Store
- • Partnership for Traditional Cultural Property Evaluation
- • Powder Magazine Reuse in South Dakota
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...
- • NM Oil and Gas Inspection and Enforcement (I & E) Program
- • BLM FY2020 Bureau-wide Management Studies Support Program for National Conservation Lands