BLM Utah Raptor Nest Inventory and Monitoring
The summary for the BLM Utah Raptor Nest Inventory and Monitoring grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BLM Utah Raptor Nest Inventory and Monitoring: BLM Utah is looking to enter into a partnership with a recipient to obtain valuable data regarding raptor use in areas that are of high value to potential future development through documentation of current nest status on old nest data, gain new nest locations and identify high raptor use areas. Information from this partnership would be used by the BLM to make informed management decisions. The project would focus on re-locating old raptor nests and identifying new nest locations. Information obtained through this project would provide valuable information to inform BLM decisions and siting of infrastructure related projects. The BLM would gain valuable data regarding raptor use in areas that are of high value to potential future development for oil and gas, solar, wind, geothermal energy resources, transmission, as well as recreation. Information obtained from this study would allow the BLM to obtain current nest status on old nest data, gain new nest locations, and continue to build upon the information in the GIS database. This project is not a requirement of BLM; however, information obtained from this continued effort will establish trend as well as continue to provide baseline information on raptor nests within areas throughout the state that are used in BLM management level decisions. BLM would request that all project data be provided including raptor nest/eeyrie monitoring data forms, nest location forms, including a digital library of nest photos, Field Office area notebooks that provide raptor nest forms and detailed monitoring information for each nest location and activity reports, USGS 7.5â¿¿ maps, and GIS data. BLM would also request all data be input into an established database.
|Federal Grant Title:||BLM Utah Raptor Nest Inventory and Monitoring|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management (DOI-BLM)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L17AS00127|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||July 25th, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||July 25th, 2017|
|Posted Date:||May 26th, 2017|
|Creation Date:||May 26th, 2017|
|Archive Date:||September 30th, 2017|
|Total Program Funding:||$15,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$15,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$5,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||May 26th, 2017|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grants Management Specialist Melanie Beckstead (801) 539-4169
- Similar Government Grants
- • BLM OR WA 2018 Master Species Conservation
- • BLM ORWA 2018 Master Fish and Wildlife Restoration Access
- • BLM NV 2018 Fish, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Resources Programs
- • BLM MT/DAK Native Fish Study in SW MT
- • MT/DAK Sportsman Access and Habitat Restoration
- • Aerial Surveys
- • Rare Plant Inventories in Montana
- • Aplomado Falcon Restoration Project
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...
- • NM Oil and Gas Inspection and Enforcement (I & E) Program
- • BLM FY2020 Bureau-wide Management Studies Support Program for National Conservation Lands