BLM Utah SGFO Partnership to Document Historic Land Use in the Beaver Dam Wash, and Red Cliffs National Conservation Areas, Washington County, Utah
The summary for the BLM Utah SGFO Partnership to Document Historic Land Use in the Beaver Dam Wash, and Red Cliffs National Conservation Areas, Washington County, Utah grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BLM Utah SGFO Partnership to Document Historic Land Use in the Beaver Dam Wash, and Red Cliffs National Conservation Areas, Washington County, Utah: The BLM is looking to work with a partner to gather information and document historical human land uses from the earliest period of Euro-American settlement to present. The documentation will be used by the BLM to develop educational and interpretative materials that link the landscape, and historic features to an historical context. The rich Euro-American history of the two NCAs has been documented in numerous sources, including personal journal entries, government records, maps, photographs, etc. Several historic studies have been completed by academics, scholars, contractors, and enthusiasts and numerous historic features have been archaeologically documented. A large body of research exists in both published and unpublished formats. This partner will supplement BLMâ¿¿s interpretive and educational programs by assembling a body of historical literature from primary and secondary sources for the two NCAs. This partner will work with the BLM, regional historians, locals, and archaeologists to assemble source material for Euro-American land-use of both NCAs. While there may be some overlapping historic themes, the recipient Principal Investigator will work with students to develop a report and source database for each NCA. Documentation should consist of a final report for each NCA that includes, but is not limited to, a detailed narrative and information resulting from research, organized in a chronological manner. An Excel database for each NCA should also be produced to provide a framework that future researchers can used for detailed historic research. The databases should list historic themes, with a brief description, dates of association, people associated, source(s) of the information, and type of source (e.g. photograph, journal, map, etc.) that the BLM can use to build on in the future.
|Federal Grant Title:||BLM Utah SGFO Partnership to Document Historic Land Use in the Beaver Dam Wash, and Red Cliffs National Conservation Areas, Washington County, Utah|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management (DOI-BLM)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L17AS00116|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||July 21st, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||July 21st, 2017|
|Posted Date:||May 22nd, 2017|
|Creation Date:||May 22nd, 2017|
|Archive Date:||September 30th, 2017|
|Total Program Funding:||$80,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$80,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$5,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||May 22nd, 2017|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grants Management Specialist Melanie Beckstead (801) 539-4169
- Similar Government Grants
- • Nevada Cultural and Paleontological Resource Management Program
- • BLM Utah Cultural and Paleontological Resource Management Program
- • BLM-ES, Cultural and Paleontological Resource Managment Program
- • Wyoming Cultural and Paleontological Resource Management Program
- • BLM-CO Preserving Cultural and Paleontological Resources on Colorado's Public Lands
- • Anasazi Heritage Center Book Store
- • Partnership for Traditional Cultural Property Evaluation
- • Powder Magazine Reuse in South Dakota
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...
- • NM Oil and Gas Inspection and Enforcement (I & E) Program
- • BLM FY2020 Bureau-wide Management Studies Support Program for National Conservation Lands