BLM WY Sweetwater County Conservation District Projects
The summary for the BLM WY Sweetwater County Conservation District Projects grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BLM WY Sweetwater County Conservation District Projects: A. Project Background Information: Funds will be used for a WLCI supported project with partners to provide riparian plant species for placement along various sections of Bitter Creek to promote riparian health, stream stabilization, and reduce erosion. Bitter Creek is classified as a Wyoming 303 (d) stream where water quality could be improved. This project will help address the water quality of Bitter Creek by working to reduce sedimentation, improve stream bank stabilization and improve water quality. The Wyoming Landscape Conservation Initiative (WLCI) is a part of the BLM Healthy Landscapes Initiative. WLCI works with partners to implement a long-term science-based program to assess and enhance the quality and quantity of aquatic and terrestrial habitats at a landscape scale in Southwest Wyoming, while facilitating responsible development. As funds become available, other projects would be designed to meet WLCI objectives including additional riparian plantings, improving fish passage through removal of barriers to fish passage, improving wildlife migration through removal and modification of barriers such as fencing, and promoting native seed collections and plantings. B. Project Objective: The objective of the project is to maintain, improve or enhance habitats within the Sweetwater County Conservation District Area. This includes working with partners, exploring opportunities to share funds, materials, in-kind support and expertise, to help meet the goals and objectives of WLCI. Specific projects will be identified each year as needed, with the specific responsibilities of each of the agreement parties identified and appended to this agreement. The initial project will provide plant materials for placing along portions of Bitter Creek to promot
|Federal Grant Title:||BLM WY Sweetwater County Conservation District Projects|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L10AS00246|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Fish, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Resource Management|
|Current Application Deadline:||Aug 30, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 30, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Aug 10, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Aug 10, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Oct 30, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$6,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$6,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$6,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible Applicants: Sweetwater County Conservation District This Funding Announcement is not a request for applications. This announcement is to provide public notice of the Bureau of Land Management's intention to fund the following project activities without full and open competition.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Ilze J Karklins-Powers, Grants Management Officer, [email protected]
[email protected] [[email protected]]
- Similar Government Grants
- • BLM OR WA 2018 Master Species Conservation
- • BLM ORWA 2018 Master Fish and Wildlife Restoration Access
- • BLM NV 2018 Fish, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Resources Programs
- • BLM MT/DAK Native Fish Study in SW MT
- • MT/DAK Sportsman Access and Habitat Restoration
- • Aerial Surveys
- • Rare Plant Inventories in Montana
- • Aplomado Falcon Restoration Project
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...
- • NM Oil and Gas Inspection and Enforcement (I & E) Program
- • BLM FY2020 Bureau-wide Management Studies Support Program for National Conservation Lands