Basic/Core Area Health Education Centers
The summary for the Basic/Core Area Health Education Centers grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Health Resources and Services Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Basic/Core Area Health Education Centers: To improve the distribution, diversity, and quality of health personnel in the health services delivery system by encouraging the regional organization of health professions schools. The Area Health Education Centers (AHEC) program assists schools in planning, developing and operating area health education centers that will initate educational systems incentives to both attract and retain health care personnel in scarcity areas. By linking the academic resources of the university health science center with local planning, educational and clinical resources, the AHEC programs and centers establish a network of community-based training sites that provide educational services to students, faculty and practitioners in underserved areas, and ultimately, improve the delivery of health care in the service area. *This program is not included in the President's budget for FY 2006. Potential applicants for funds should consider this announcement provisional until final Congressional action on appropriations is taken. Updated information on Congressional action on appropriations will be available on the HRSA website.
|Federal Grant Title:||Basic/Core Area Health Education Centers|
|Federal Agency Name:||Health Resources and Services Administration|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HRSA-06-030|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Basic/Core Area Health Education Centers|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jan 23, 2006|
|Posted Date:||Nov 10, 2005|
|Creation Date:||Nov 10, 2005|
|Archive Date:||Apr 05, 2006|
|Total Program Funding:||$3,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||6|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Public or private non-profit accredited medical schools, osteopathic schools of medicine, and incorporated consortia made up of such schools or their parent institutions are eligible. In States where no AHEC program is in operation, accredited schools of nursing are appropriate.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Contact HRSA Call Center at 877-Go4-HRSA/877-464-4772;301-998-7373 or email [email protected] [email protected]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Area Health Education Centers
- • Area Health Education Centers Infrastructure Development
- • Area Health Education Centers (AHEC) Infrastructure Development Awards
- More Grants from the Health Resources and Services Administration
- • Increasing Organ Donation Awareness Program
- • Maternal and Child Health Interdisciplinary Education in Pediatric Pulmonary Centers Progr...
- • Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Part A Planning Council and Planning Body Technical Assistance...
- • National Genetics Education and Family Support Program
- • Advances in Integrating Genetics into Clinical Care