Better Defining Growth Medium to Improve Reproducibility of Cell Culture (STTR) (R41/R42 - Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
The summary for the Better Defining Growth Medium to Improve Reproducibility of Cell Culture (STTR) (R41/R42 - Clinical Trial Not Allowed) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Better Defining Growth Medium to Improve Reproducibility of Cell Culture (STTR) (R41/R42 - Clinical Trial Not Allowed): Fetal bovine serum (FBS) is the most widely used growth supplement for cell culture because it cost-effectively supports the survival and growth of many cell lines. Although serum is an effective growth promotor, it is highly variable in its composition, activity, and physiological effects on cells. This variability introduces inconsistencies into cell culture research. This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) will support STTR projects to develop novel, reliable, and cost-effective tools that will make it easier for researchers to standardize or replace serum in cell culture.
|Federal Grant Title:||Better Defining Growth Medium to Improve Reproducibility of Cell Culture (STTR) (R41/R42 - Clinical Trial Not Allowed)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health (HHS-NIH11)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-18-816|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||April 5th, 2021|
|Original Application Deadline:||April 5th, 2021|
|Posted Date:||June 5th, 2018|
|Creation Date:||June 5th, 2018|
|Archive Date:||May 11th, 2021|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||June 5th, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Small businesses
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are not eligible to apply. Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are not eligible to apply. Foreign components, as defined in the NIH Grants Policy Statement, may be allowed.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Innovative Programs to Enhance Research Training (IPERT) (R25 - Independent Clinical Trial...
- • Maximizing Investigators' Research Award (R35 - Clinical Trial Optional)
- • Institutional Research and Academic Career Development Awards (IRACDA) (K12 - Independent ...
- • Maximizing Opportunities for Scientific and Academic Independent Careers (MOSAIC) Postdoct...
- • Maximizing Opportunities for Scientific and Academic Independent Careers (MOSAIC) Institut...
- • Tools for Genetic and Genomic Studies in Emerging Model Organisms
- • Evolution of Infectious Diseases
- • Mbrs Support of Continuous Research Excellence (Score)
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...