Biomedical Prevention of HIV Research Education (R25)
The summary for the Biomedical Prevention of HIV Research Education (R25) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Biomedical Prevention of HIV Research Education (R25): Purpose: This FOA issued by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), National Institutes of Health (NIH), solicits Research Education Grant (R25) applications from institutions/organizations that propose to create a supportive environment nationwide in the United States for participation in biomedical HIV prevention trials. The program will support innovative, evidence-based approaches to educate and engage U.S. populations most highly affected by HIV and AIDS (see http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/surveillance/index.htm for more information) about clinical biomedical prevention research. This FOA will provide support for the formation of partnerships on a national scale among scientists, educators, media experts, community leaders, and other members of stakeholder organizations to enhance knowledge and understanding within highly HIV-affected communities of clinical biomedical HIV prevention research. Clinical biomedical HIV prevention research includes but is not limited to HIV vaccine research, microbicide research, pre-exposure prophylaxis research, and research on test and treat strategies for reducing HIV incidence. Mechanism of Support: This FOA will use the NIH Research Education (R25) grant mechanism. Research education programs may not be transferred from one institution to another, unless strongly justified (see Section VI.2). Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards: The NIAID intends to commit up to $1.8M in total funding in FY2011 to fund one award in response to this FOA. An award issued under this FOA is contingent upon the availability of funds and the submission of a sufficient number of meritorious applications.
|Federal Grant Title:||Biomedical Prevention of HIV Research Education (R25)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-AI-10-027|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Microbiology and Infectious Diseases Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||Nov 09, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Nov 09, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Jul 29, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Jul 29, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Dec 10, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) .
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER [email protected]
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [[email protected]]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Partnerships for Next Generation Biodefense Diagnostics (R01)
- • National Biocontainment Laboratories (NBLs) Operations Support Limited Competition (UC7)
- • Partnerships for Development of New Therapeutic Classes for Select Viral and Bacterial Pat...
- • International Extramural Associates Research Development Awards (IEARDA) [G11]
- • Non-Antibiotic Selectable Markers for Biodefense (R21)
- • Partnerships to Improve Diagnosis and Treatment of Selected Drug-Resistant Healthcare-Asso...
- • Cooperative Research Partnerships for Biodefense (U01)
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...