Blindness and Vision Loss Prevention Program
The summary for the Blindness and Vision Loss Prevention Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Blindness and Vision Loss Prevention Program: CDC s Procurement and Grants Office has published a program announcement entitled, Blindness and Vision Loss Prevention Program. Approximately $875,000 is available to fund one award to private, non-profit, health organizations with a national scope, that provide a comprehensive eye disease prevention program addressing diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma, cataracts, and age-related macular degeneration are eligible. The purpose of this program is to develop, deliver, and evaluate a program of comprehensive vision screening, outreach and referral, public education, and surveillance of vision problems. The estimated funding award date is September 15, 2003.
|Federal Grant Title:||Blindness and Vision Loss Prevention Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-PA03189|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cooperative Agreements for State-Based Diabetes Control Programs and Evaluation of Surveillance Systems|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 18, 2003 Applications must be received by the|
|Posted Date:||Jul 22, 2003|
|Creation Date:||Sep 17, 2003|
|Archive Date:||Sep 17, 2003|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- (TIMS), Technical Information Management Section, Point of Contact, Phone 770-488-2700, Email email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org (TIMS), Technical Information Management Section
- Similar Government Grants
- • Division of Diabetes Translation Earmarks 2010
- • Congressional Glaucoma Project
- • Diabetes Phase II- Pacific Region
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2