Cancer Prevention Research Small Grant Program
The summary for the Cancer Prevention Research Small Grant Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Cancer Prevention Research Small Grant Program: The Division of Cancer Prevention of the National Cancer Institute (NCI) invites applications that address developmental research in chemoprevention agent development, biomarkers, early detection, and nutrition science. The Small Grants Program is designed to aid and facilitate the growth of a nationwide cohort of scientists with a high level of research expertise in cancer prevention research. It is anticipated that these Small Grant Programs may lead to the submission of subsequent individual research project grants (R01).New, as well as experienced, investigators in relevant fields and disciplines (e.g., chemoprevention, nutritional science, genetic and infectious agents, and early detection, including biomarker development and validation) may apply for small grants to test ideas or do pilot studies.This PA will expire in three years from the first receipt date. NIH Grants policies apply to these awards.
|Federal Grant Title:||Cancer Prevention Research Small Grant Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Health Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-04-147|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cancer Cause and Prevention Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to Full Announce|
|Posted Date:||Aug 23, 2004|
|Creation Date:||Aug 23, 2004|
|Archive Date:||Apr 23, 2006|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$50,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Special district governments City or township governments Private institutions of higher education County governments Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) State governments Independent school districts Small businesses Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) For profit organizations other than small businesses Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible agencies of the Federal Government
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • NCI Research Specialist (laboratory-based Scientist) Award (R50)
- • NCI Research Specialist (Core-based Scientist) Award (R50)
- • Research Centers for Population-based Research to Optimize Cancer Screening (PROSPR) Initi...
- • Coordinating Center for Population-based Research to Optimize Cancer Screening (PROSPR) (U...
- • National Cancer Institute Program Project Applications (P01)
- • Pilot Studies in Pancreatic Cancer
- • Molecular Targets for Nutrients in Prostate Cancer Prevention
- • Cancer Prevention Research Small Grant Program (R03)
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • PDX Development and Trial Centers (PDTCs) (U54)
- • Optimizing the HIV Care Continuum for Substance Abusing Populations at High-Risk and/or Li...
- • NCI Transition Career Development Award to Promote Diversity (K22)
- • PDX Data Commons and Coordinating Center (PDCCC) for the PDX Development and Trial Centers...
- • Maximizing Access to Research Careers Undergraduate - Student Training in Academic Researc...