Chronic Prostatitis Collaborative Research Network (Cpcrn)
The summary for the Chronic Prostatitis Collaborative Research Network (Cpcrn) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Chronic Prostatitis Collaborative Research Network (Cpcrn): The Division of Kidney, Urologic and Hematologic Diseases (DKUHD) of the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK) invites cooperative agreement applications for up to 10 Clinical Centers to participate in the development and conduct of randomized clinical trials to evaluate novel therapies in patients with chronic prostatitis/Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome as part of the Chronic Prostatitis Collaborative Research Network (CPCRN). A Data Coordinating Center will be established to provide expertise in protocol development including sample size estimation, data analysis, quality control, and data management. The Data Coordinating Center will be established through a separate cooperative agreement Request for Applications. Ancillary studies will also be developed by the CPCRN investigators to be conducted in conjunction with the clinical trials. The Clinical Centers and the Data Coordinating Center will work cooperatively to conduct clinical trials sequentially or concurrently. Because there is substantial commonality in the design and conduct of clinical trials for patients with chronic prostatitis, or the chronic pelvic pain syndrome, and interstitial cystitis applicants to this RFA are invited, but not required to apply to a companion RFA also being released. The companion RFA, DK-03-003, titled, Interstitial Cystitis Clinical Research Network (ICCRN) is available at: http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/rfa-files/RFA-DK-03-003.html. Investigators from the CPCRN and the ICCRN will participate in an overarching organization, the Urological Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndromes Collaborative Group (UCPPSCG). The UCPPSCG will serve to improve the efficiency of protocol development, to develop common definitions and criteria, and to facilitate common data collection to permit comparisons between the clinical trials. This coordination is needed in key areas of protocol development including establishment of disease and enrollment criteria, outcome measures, and identification of therapies to be evaluated.
|Federal Grant Title:||Chronic Prostatitis Collaborative Research Network (Cpcrn)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-DK-03-004|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Kidney Diseases, Urology and Hematology Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Nov 14, 2002|
|Posted Date:||Sep 20, 2002|
|Creation Date:||Dec 14, 2002|
|Archive Date:||Dec 14, 2002|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments County governments City or township governments Special district governments Independent school districts Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education Individuals For profit organizations other than small businesses Small businesses Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster OERWebmaster@od.nih.gov NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Investigations on Primary Immunodeficiency Diseases (R01)
- • Grants for Basic Research in Glomerular Diseases (R01)
- • Advances in Polycystic Kidney Disease (R01)
- • Ancillary Studies of Kidney Disease Accessing Information from Clinical Trials, Epidemiolo...
- • Calcium Oxalate Stone Diseases (R01)
- • Research Grants for Clinical Studies of Kidney Diseases
- • Frequent Hemodialysis Clinical Trials
- • Noninvasive Measurement of Iron by Magnetic Resonance Imaging (Sbir/Sttr)
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Limited Competition for NIH-Industry Program: Discovering Pediatric New Therapeutic Uses f...
- • Environmental influences on Placental Origins of Development (ePOD) (R01)
- • Limited Competition for NIH-Industry Program: Discovering New Therapeutic Uses for Existin...
- • Pre-application for the NIH-Industry Program: Discovering New Therapeutic Uses for Existin...
- • Early Phase Clinical Trials in Imaging and Image-Guided Interventions (R01)