Cooperative Agreement for Management and Control of Coarse Perennial Grasses Along Watersheds on Various Military Bases
The summary for the Cooperative Agreement for Management and Control of Coarse Perennial Grasses Along Watersheds on Various Military Bases grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Defense, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Cooperative Agreement for Management and Control of Coarse Perennial Grasses Along Watersheds on Various Military Bases: Phragmites australis (Phragmites) is an invasive coarse perennial grasses species that have displaced native marshes in the Chesapeake Bay. Ecologically, this invasive can be problem plant because it is an excellent colonizer of disturbed soils and once established usually crowds out all other wetland plants. This reduces the ecological value of the wetland by displacing plant assemblages which have better value as habitat for stabilizing sediment, improving water quality through nutrient removal or providing foraging habitat for native avian and mammalian species. DOD, as a signatory to the Chesapeake Bay Agreement, has agreed to control aggressive invasives in an effort to restore the Chesapeake Bay ecosystem. This Cooperative Agreement, hereinafter, referred to as this Agreement, implements, in part, Naval Facilities Engineering Command, Washington's responsibilities pursuant to the Sikes Act Improvement Act (16 USC 670 et seq), meets the requirements of Executive Order (EO) 13112. It also supports the regional Chesapeake Bay 2000 (C2K) and the Chesapeake Bay Restoration Act (CBRA) of 2000 requiring federal land holders to develop and implement management plans for invasive species within the Bay watershed.
|Federal Grant Title:||Cooperative Agreement for Management and Control of Coarse Perennial Grasses Along Watersheds on Various Military Bases|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Defense|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||N40080-11-LTC-0002|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Basic and Applied Scientific Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 29, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 29, 2011|
|Posted Date:||Jul 10, 2011|
|Creation Date:||Jul 10, 2011|
|Archive Date:||Aug 28, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:||$0|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Denise Wilson Contracting Officer Phone 202-685-0400
- Similar Government Grants
- • Office of Naval Research (ONR) Immersive Sciences for Training, Education, Mission Rehears...
- • Electronic Warfare Technology
- • Office of Naval Research (ONR) Additive Manufacturing Alloys for Naval Environments (AMANE...
- • Long Range Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) for Navy and Marine Corps Science and Technolog...
- • Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) for Research Initiatives at The Naval Postgraduate ...
- • Department of Homeland Security Institute for Discrete Sciences University Affiliate Cente...
- • Submarine Security Program
- • Capable Manpower Future Naval Warfighting Capability Emerging and Advanced Technologies fo...
- More Grants from the Department of Defense
- • American Red Cross
- • Military-Connected Local Educational Agencies for Academic and Support Programs (MCASP)
- • USO Congressional Grant
- • American Red Cross Congressional Grant
- • Missile Defense Agency STEM Outreach BEST Robotics Grant