Cooperative Planning Grant for Cancer Disparities Research Partnership Program
The summary for the Cooperative Planning Grant for Cancer Disparities Research Partnership Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Cooperative Planning Grant for Cancer Disparities Research Partnership Program: The National Cancer Institute (NCI) invites cooperative planning grant applications (using the U56 mechanism) in an effort to strengthen the national cancer program by developing models to reduce significant negative consequences of cancer disparities seen in certain U.S. populations. This grant will support the planning, development and conduct of radiation oncology clinical research trials in institutions that care for a disproportionate number of medically underserved, low income, ethnic and minority populations but have not been traditionally involved in NCI-sponsored research. The grant will also support the planning, development and implementation of nurturing partnerships between applicant institutions and committed and experienced institutions actively involved in NCI-sponsored cancer research. All approaches to planning are encouraged, as long as they address the following essential features: a focus on cancer disparities, radiation oncology clinical research, institutional commitment, organizational capabilities, facilities, and interdisciplinary coordination and collaboration. At this time, NCI anticipates issuing another RFA for the establishment of additional Cancer Disparities Research Partnerships in fiscal year 2003.
|Federal Grant Title:||Cooperative Planning Grant for Cancer Disparities Research Partnership Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Health Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-CA-03-018|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cancer Research Manpower|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 20, 2003|
|Posted Date:||Sep 04, 2002|
|Creation Date:||Apr 19, 2003|
|Archive Date:||Apr 19, 2003|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments County governments City or township governments Special district governments Independent school districts Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education Individuals For profit organizations other than small businesses Small businesses Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster OERWebmaster@od.nih.gov NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • The NCI Predoctoral to Postdoctoral Fellow Transition Award (F99/K00)
- • NCI Transition Career Development Award to Promote Diversity (K22)
- • National Cancer Institute Youth Enjoy Science Research Education Program (R25)
- • International Research Scientist Development Award (IRSDA) (K01)
- • NCI Transition Career Development Award to Promote Diversity
- • Cancer Education (R25E) Grants Program
- • Cancer Prevention, Control, Behavioral and Population Sciences Career Development Award
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Basic Mechanisms of Brain Development Mediating Substance Use and Dependence (R01)
- • Discovering Novel Targets: The Molecular Genetics of Drug Addiction and Related Co-Morbidi...
- • NINDS Exploratory Clinical Trials (R01)
- • Reducing Overscreening for Breast, Cervical, and Colorectal Cancers among Older Adults (R0...
- • Targeted basic behavioral and social science and intervention development for HIV preventi...