California Trail Interpretive Center, Elko, Nevada Cooperating Association
The summary for the California Trail Interpretive Center, Elko, Nevada Cooperating Association grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
California Trail Interpretive Center, Elko, Nevada Cooperating Association: This Funding Announcement is not a request for applications. This announcement is to provide public notice of the Bureau of Land Management's intention to fund the following project activities without full and open competition. The California National Historic Trail Interpretive Center (Trail Center), located 8 miles west of Elko, Nevada, is an $18 million project that is expected to attract 69,000 visitors annually. The 16,000 square foot structure is a part of a 40 acre complex that includes a 16,000 square foot plaza, 4,800 linear feet of interpretive trails, a day use area, and an outdoor amphitheater. The BLM is engaging a Cooperating Association to enhance the interpretive and educational program for the California National Historic Trail Center primarily through the sale or other distribution of interpretive and educational materials. The Cooperating Association must be able to invest approximately $150,000 of its own funds for fixtures, inventory, supplies and equipment to initiate commercial sales at the California Trail Center. This endeavor will be phased in as the Trail Center's exhibits are installed and staffing permits increased hours of operation. The BLM will provide the Cooperating Association approximately 800 square feet of retail space, office space, reasonable storage space, security, and utilities. Additionally, the Cooperating Association's expertise will be utilized to administer and expedite the implementation of the Trail Center's exhibit design plan using funds appropriated for this purpose in FY 2008.
|Federal Grant Title:||California Trail Interpretive Center, Elko, Nevada Cooperating Association|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NV-NOI080009|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cultural Resource Management|
|Current Application Deadline:||Apr 29, 2008|
|Original Application Deadline:||Apr 29, 2008|
|Posted Date:||Apr 15, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Apr 15, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Apr 30, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:||$738,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$738,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$738,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Susan Kaller Grants & Agreements Specialist Phone 775-861-6559
- Similar Government Grants
- • Nevada Cultural and Paleontological Resource Management Program
- • BLM Utah Cultural and Paleontological Resource Management Program
- • BLM-ES, Cultural and Paleontological Resource Managment Program
- • Wyoming Cultural and Paleontological Resource Management Program
- • BLM-CO Preserving Cultural and Paleontological Resources on Colorado's Public Lands
- • Anasazi Heritage Center Book Store
- • Partnership for Traditional Cultural Property Evaluation
- • Powder Magazine Reuse in South Dakota
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...
- • NM Oil and Gas Inspection and Enforcement (I & E) Program
- • BLM FY2020 Bureau-wide Management Studies Support Program for National Conservation Lands