Cancer Surveillance Using Health Claims-Based Data (R01)
The summary for the Cancer Surveillance Using Health Claims-Based Data (R01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Cancer Surveillance Using Health Claims-Based Data (R01): -The objective of this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is to encourage grant applications for research entailing the use of health claims data for cancer surveillance. Cancer surveillance may include assessment of patterns of care, quality and outcomes of care, and health disparities across the continuum of treatment. Projects sought under this FOA may focus on treatment and outcomes at the patient-specific level or include influences from the provider or broader health-system level. -Because the nature and scope of the proposed research will vary from application to application, it is anticipated that the size and duration of each award will also vary. The total amount awarded and the number of awards will depend on the mechanism number, quality, duration, and costs of the application received. -The grant mechanism for this award will be the NIH Research Project Grant (R01). -Eligible organizations include: for-profit or non-profit organizations; public or private institutions, such as universities, colleges, hospitals, and laboratories; units of State governments; units of local governments; eligible agencies of the Federal government; domestic institutions and organizations; foreign institutions and organizations; and Faith-based or community-based organizations; Native American Tribal Organization (Federally recognized); Native American Tribal Organization (0ther than Federally recognized); and Indian/Native American Tribally Designated Organization. -Eligible principal investigators (PIs) including any individuals with the skills, knowledge, and resources necessary to carry out the proposed research are invited to work with their institution to develop an application for support. Individuals from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups as well as individuals with disabilities are always encouraged to apply for NIH support. -Individual applicants may submit more then one application, provided that they are scientifically distinct. -See Section IV.I for application and submission information. -Telecommunications for the hearing impaired is available at: TTY 301-451-0088. -This funding opportunity will utilize the R01 mechanism, but will be run in parallel with a program announcement of identical scientific scope (PA-06-386) that will utilize the NIH exploratory/developmental research project (R21) grant mechanism.
|Federal Grant Title:||Cancer Surveillance Using Health Claims-Based Data (R01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Health Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-06-385|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Research on Healthcare Costs, Quality and Outcomes 93.399 Cancer Control|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to Full Announce|
|Posted Date:||May 04, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Dec 20, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Feb 03, 2007|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- For profit organizations other than small businesses Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) City or township governments Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Independent school districts Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Special district governments State governments Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Private institutions of higher education County governments Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are eligible to apply. Eligible agencies of the Federal Government can apply. Faith-based or community-based organizations can apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...