Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Grant
The summary for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Grant grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Grant: The purpose of this program is to increase HIV testing opportunities for populations disproportionately affected by HIV - primarily (1) African American and Hispanic men and women, and (2) men who have sex with men (MSM) and injection drug users (IDUs), regardless of race or ethnicity - and increase the proportion of HIV-infected persons in these populations who are aware of their infection and are linked to appropriate services. The program is also intended to identify strategies for leveraging resources to maximize the yield and sustainability of routine HIV screening programs in healthcare settings (for example, working with participating healthcare facilities to implement strategies for obtaining reimbursement for HIV screening from 3rd party payers, promoting routine HIV screening in healthcare facilities not directly involved in the program).
|Federal Grant Title:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Grant|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-PS10-10138|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||HIV Prevention Activities_Health Department Based|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jun 24, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 24, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Apr 01, 2010|
|Creation Date:||May 28, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Aug 24, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$145,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||35|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- State and local governments or their Bona Fide Agents.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CDC PROCUREMENT AND GRANTS OFFICE (PGO) TECHNICAL INFORMATION MANAGEMENT SECTION (TIMS) PHONE: 770-488-2700 EMAIL: PGOTIM@CDC.GOV grants Phone 770-488-8287
CDC Technical Information Management Section (TIMS) [PGOTIM@CDC.gov]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Secretarys Minority AIDS Initiative Funding for
- • Secretary’s Minority AIDS Initiative Funding to Increase HIV Prevention and Care Ser...
- • Health Department Demonstration Projects to Reduce HIV Infections and Improve Engagement i...
- • Health Department Demonstration Projects for Comprehensive Prevention, Care, Behavioral He...
- • Secretarys Minority AIDS Initiative Funding to Increase HIV Prevention and Care Service De...
- • Rapid Test Algorithms for Diagnosis of HIV Infection and Improved Linkage to Care
- • Expanded and Integrated Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Testing for Populations Disprop...
- • National HIV Behavioral Surveillance System (U62)
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2
- • Program Expansion Supplement: Technical Assistance to Provide High-Quality Voluntary Medic...
- • Program Expansion Supplement: Increasing Access to HIV Confidential Voluntary Counseling a...
- • Program Expansion Supplement: Supporting Laboratory Diagnosis and Monitoring to Scale up a...