Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Grant CDC-RFA-GH11-11105
The summary for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Grant CDC-RFA-GH11-11105 grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Grant CDC-RFA-GH11-11105: The purpose of this cooperative agreement is to address the following public health practice goals in Haiti, focusing on the importance of WASH activities in all priority areas:1. To strengthen the DINEPA institutional capability to plan, implement and evaluate evidence-based public health actions and WASH programs2. To conduct surveillance and expand on health information systems, such as mapping of water source vulnerabilities where improvements can be made on the information collected so that results can be used in turn to develop strategies to identify suitable interventions 3. Support epidemiological research so that results can inform national and regional disease prevention and control efforts; 4. To develop high quality laboratory systems and diagnostic capacity specifically to expand water quality monitoring throughout Haiti and initiate a drinking water quality monitoring program,; 5. To implement evidence-based public health programs on infectious diseases that are water- and vector-borne with an emphasis on Malaria, Emerging and Re-emerging Infectious Diseases, including Cholera, Neglected Tropical Diseases, and other infectious diseases with pandemic potential as well as Environmental health programs, non-communicable diseases,; Maternal and Child Health Services; ; and Emergency Preparedness and Response; ; ;6. To build capacity by provide training opportunities for public health professionals, including laboratorians and technicians, DINEPA staff, university and graduate level students and other program implementers in public health, WASH, assessment and surveillance, evidence-based program planning, program implementation, program evaluation, data collection and analysis. Staff will be trained in an effort to provide skilled workers in both urban and rural areas. Select personnel will also receive financial and administrative management training;7. To conduct monitoring and evaluation of these programs and incorporate the results of program evaluations into operational disease prevention and control programs, ensure the sharing of expertise and lessons learned nationally, regionally and internationally, and use the results to develop science-based health policies and guidelines.
|Federal Grant Title:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Grant CDC-RFA-GH11-11105|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-GH11-11105|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention_Investigations and Technical Assistance|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 16, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 16, 2011|
|Posted Date:||Mar 01, 2011|
|Creation Date:||Apr 22, 2011|
|Archive Date:||Jun 15, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:||$25,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Assistance will be provided only to Direction Nationale de lEau Potable et de lAssainissement (DINEPA). No other applications are solicited.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CDC Procurement and Grants Office (PGO) Technical Information Management Section (TIMS) Phone 770-488-2700
Technical Information Management Section (TIMS) [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Centers for Disease Control OPHPR Grant
- • CDC Mexico Co-Ag for Surveillance & Epidemiology
- • CDCs National Undergraduate Student Program: A Public Helath Workplace Experience to Incre...
- • Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease (CJD) Increasing Educational
- • Improving Access to Eye Care among Persons at High Risk of Glaucoma
- • Postdoctoral Fellowship Training Program in Infectious Diseases
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Improve the Interaction Between Public Health Academicians and ...
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Strengthen Collaboration Between the Disciplines of Academic Me...
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2
- • Program Expansion Supplement: Technical Assistance to Provide High-Quality Voluntary Medic...
- • Program Expansion Supplement: Increasing Access to HIV Confidential Voluntary Counseling a...
- • Program Expansion Supplement: Supporting Laboratory Diagnosis and Monitoring to Scale up a...