Centers of Biomedical Research Excellence (COBRE) [P20]
The summary for the Centers of Biomedical Research Excellence (COBRE) [P20] grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Centers of Biomedical Research Excellence (COBRE) [P20]: -The National Center for Research Resources (NCRR) of the NIH invites applications for Centers of Biomedical Research Excellence (COBRE) from investigators at biomedical research institutions that award doctoral degrees in the health sciences or sciences related to health or at independent biomedical research institutes within Institutional Development Award (IDeA) eligible states. The objective of COBRE initiative is to strengthen an institution's biomedical research infrastructure through the establishment of a thematic multi-disciplinary center and to enhance the ability of investigators to compete independently for complementary National Institutes of Health (NIH) individual research grant or other external peer-reviewed support. COBRE awards are supported through the IDeA Program, which aims to foster health-related research by increasing the competitiveness of investigators at institutions located in states with historically low aggregate success rates for grant awards from the NIH. -This Program Announcement (PA) will use the NIH exploratory grant mechanism (P20).
|Federal Grant Title:||Centers of Biomedical Research Excellence (COBRE) [P20]|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Health Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-07-229|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||National Center for Research Resources|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to Full Announce|
|Posted Date:||Feb 22, 2007|
|Creation Date:||Nov 21, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Apr 18, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Independent school districts State governments County governments City or township governments Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Special district governments
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are not eligible to apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Limited Competition: Competitive Revision for Technology Development within Biomedical Tec...
- • Centers of Biomedical Research Excellence (COBRE) (P20)
- • Instrument Development for Biomedical Applications (R21)
- • Limited Competition: Institutional Development Award (IDeA) Program Infrastructure for Cli...
- • High-End Instrumentation Grant Program (S10)
- • NCRR Science Education Partnership Award (SEPA) [R25]
- • Planning Grants for Institutional Clinical and Translational Science Awards
- • Institutional Clinical and Translational Science Award
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...