Chesapeake Bay Gateways Network
The summary for the Chesapeake Bay Gateways Network grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Park Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Chesapeake Bay Gateways Network: National Park Service - Chesapeake is accepting project proposals for fiscal year 2015 financial assistance awards. Proposed projects must (1) be within the Chesapeake Bay watershed; (2) develop new or enhanced boat-related access, swimming access, fishing access and/or viewing access for water, wildlife, and shoreline areas; (3) advance the development of the Captain John Smith Chesapeake National Historic Trail or a designated water trail; and (4) be matched by an equal (1:1) or greater amount of non-Federal support dedicated to the proposed project. Funding requests may range from $10,000 to $125,000; and there must be an equal (1:1) or greater non-Federal match. Applicants for NPS Chesapeake Bay financial assistance awards must be either a non-profit organization (qualified as such under section 501 of the Internal Revenue Code) or a state or local government. Project Applications must be submitted via eMail to NPS - Chesapeake. Deadline for submission is 3:00pm on Friday, April 10, 2015. Potential applicants are strongly encouraged to contact NPS - Chesapeake staff to discuss your project in advance of submitting an application. Potential applicants are encouraged to participate in either of two conference calls scheduled to address questions on Friday, February 13th from 1:30 3:00pm or Thursday, February 19th from 10:30am noon. The toll free call-in number for these conference calls is 866-704-1637, participant code 269490#. NPS - Chesapeake staff may also be reached at 410-260-2488 for additional consultation. A Cooperative Agreement will be awarded to selected applicants (Recipients) under the authority of 16 USC 1(g). Selected applicants must be willing and able to promptly produce detailed project implementation and contractual documents as directed by NPS - Chesapeake to successfully secure funding. Applicants selected for financial assistance awards should anticipate an additional workload in May 2015 to complete the award process.
|Federal Grant Title:||Chesapeake Bay Gateways Network|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Park Service|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CHBA201502|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Chesapeake Bay Gateways Network|
|Current Application Deadline:||Apr 4, 2015|
|Original Application Deadline:||Apr 4, 2015|
|Posted Date:||Feb 6, 2015|
|Creation Date:||Feb 6, 2015|
|Archive Date:||Apr 5, 2015|
|Total Program Funding:||$500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$125,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$10,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||10|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
City or township governments
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- The proposed project site(s) must be within the Chesapeake Bay watershed.
The proposed project must develop one or more of the following types of public water access facilities: boat-related access, swimming access, fishing access and/or viewing access for water, wildlife, and shoreline areas.
The proposed project must create new or enhanced access.
The proposed project must advance the development of the Captain John Smith Chesapeake National Historic Trail or a designated water trail.
Requested funds must be matched by an equal (1:1) or greater amount of non-Federal support dedicated to the proposed project.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Bob Campbell
CHBA Gateway Network
National Park Service 303-898-9819
- Similar Government Grants
- • Planning, Educational, and Recreational Initiatives at SEF
- • Enhanced Visitor Services & Stewardship - Sandy Point State Park
- • Collaborative Implementation of Chesapeake Programs & Projects
- • Connecting People to the Historic and Natural Resources of the James River
- • Historic Annapolis City Dock Place Making & Interpretation Project
- • Chesapeake Bay Gateways and Watertrails Network 2009 Grants Program
- • Chesapeake Bay Gateways Network Financial Assistance Program
- • 2011 CBGN Financial Assistance Awards
- More Grants from the National Park Service
- • Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Area
- • Essex National Heritage Area
- • Hudson River Valley National Heritage Area
- • Lackawanna Valley National Heritage Area
- • Susquehanna National Heritage Area