Children's Hospitals Graduate Medical Education (CHGME) Payment Program
The summary for the Children's Hospitals Graduate Medical Education (CHGME) Payment Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Health Resources and Services Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Children's Hospitals Graduate Medical Education (CHGME) Payment Program: Federal funding for graduate medical education (GME) is primarily provided by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and goes to full service teaching hospitals that serve primarily adult patients. Freestanding children's hospitals receive little to no GME funding from Medicare because children's hospitals have a low Medicare caseload. The purpose of the CHGME Payment Program is to compensate for the disparity in the level of Federal GME funding for freestanding children's teaching hospitals versus other types of teaching hospitals. The CHGME Payment Program is administered by the Bureau of Health Workforce (BHW), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
|Federal Grant Title:||Children's Hospitals Graduate Medical Education (CHGME) Payment Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Health Resources and Services Administration (HHS-HRSA)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HRSA-20-009|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||July 23rd, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||July 23rd, 2019|
|Posted Date:||May 24th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||May 24th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||September 21st, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:||$305,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||60|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||May 24th, 2019|
- Category Explanation
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- There are two categories of children's hospitals that may be eligible for CHGME payments in FY 2020, depending on the funding appropriated to the program – “Currently Eligible Hospitals” and “Newly Qualified Hospitals”. Hospitals that are applying for the first time for the CHGME Payment Program may be hospitals that are eligible as a “Newly Qualified Hospital” or hospitals that are new to the CHGME Payment Program but qualify under the “Currently Eligible Hospitals” requirements.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration
Contact Lisa Flach-Fulcher at (301)443-0365 or email [email protected]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Children’s Hospitals Graduate Medical Education (CHGME) Payment Program
- • Children's Hospitals Graduate Medical Education Payment Program (CHGME Payment Program)
- More Grants from the Health Resources and Services Administration
- • Increasing Organ Donation Awareness Program
- • Maternal and Child Health Interdisciplinary Education in Pediatric Pulmonary Centers Progr...
- • Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Part A Planning Council and Planning Body Technical Assistance...
- • National Genetics Education and Family Support Program
- • Advances in Integrating Genetics into Clinical Care