China-United States Collaborative, Population-Based Surveillance and Research Program for Maternal-Child and Family Health (U01)
The summary for the China-United States Collaborative, Population-Based Surveillance and Research Program for Maternal-Child and Family Health (U01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
China-United States Collaborative, Population-Based Surveillance and Research Program for Maternal-Child and Family Health (U01): The purpose of the program is to expand the United States-China Collaborative, Population-Based Surveillance and Research Program for Maternal-Child and Family Health, which represents a significant effort to build upon existing infrastructure for population-based surveillance and other research activities established by previous collaborative work between HHS/CDC and the Peking University Health Sciences Center (PUHSC). It augments HHS/CDCs capabilities to achieve its strategic objectives by using the Peoples Republic of Chinas unique demographic, public-health and data infrastructure to address questions for which data are not currently available in the United States or anywhere else in the world. In addition, the unique attributes of the long collaboration between HHS/CDC and PUHSC would be almost impossible to replicate.
|Federal Grant Title:||China-United States Collaborative, Population-Based Surveillance and Research Program for Maternal-Child and Family Health (U01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-DD-07-006|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention_Investigations and Technical Assistance|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 22, 2007|
|Posted Date:||Jan 22, 2007|
|Creation Date:||Jan 23, 2007|
|Archive Date:||Apr 21, 2007|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible Institutions The only eligible applicant that can apply for this funding opportunity is the Peking University Health Science Center (PUHSC). HHS/CDC will not review any other applications. This limited eligibility is based on the key objectives of the program to develop and implement a China-United States collaborative laboratory and epidemiologic infrastructure to examine a variety of public health issues for which data are not currently available in the United States, or would be much more costly to replicate. The current grantee has the relevant mission and capabilities to draw on the unique Chinese research resources to accomplish the goals of the proposed program.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
Procurement and Grants Office
Telephone 770-488-2700 PGOTIM@cdc.gov Technical Information Management
- Similar Government Grants
- • Epidemiology of Lupus: Longitudinal Studies in Population-Based Cohorts
- • Improving Detection and Management of Glaucoma and Other Eye Diseases Among High Risk Popu...
- • TREST
- • Sustaining the Expansion of the Overseas Health Assessment and Management of U.S.-Bound Re...
- • National Partnerships to Promote Cancer Surveillance Standards and Support Data Quality an...
- • Postdoctoral Fellowship Training Program in Infectious Diseases
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Improve the Interaction Between Public Health Academicians and ...
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Strengthen Collaboration Between the Disciplines of Academic Me...
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2