City of Boston
The summary for the City of Boston grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Park Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
City of Boston: The proposed award is the result of a grant received by the NPS to conduct detailed planning to enhance bicycle and pedestrian access to NPS sites located in downtown Boston and Charlestown utilizing city streets and sidewalks and connecting to public transit hubs. The objectives of this agreement are to lessen vehicular congestion and emissions in downtown Boston and to improve accessibility to Boston National Historic Park and Boston Harbor Islands National Recreation Area by encouraging visitors to use safe car-free forms of transportation. This will be accomplished in a multi-step process. In the first phase, detailed plans will be created to improve the signage, sidewalks and bike lanes/trails which will link to public transportation routes and stations. The next phase will include the implementation and construction of the preferred alternative contingent on future available funding. Statement of Joint Objectives (condensed version of Statement of Work joint objectives typically 1-2 sentences in length): The National Park Service (NPS) and the City of Boston Transportation Department (BTD) will cooperate in the timely completion of the requirements set forth in the agreement. This includes, but is not limited to, designing detailed bicycle and pedestrian trail plans, signage plans, management agreements, and participating in public meetings and events to review alternatives and to solicit input from the public on the plan.
|Federal Grant Title:||City of Boston|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Park Service|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NPS-NOI-WASO-11-0004|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Rivers, Trails and Conservation Assistance|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 15, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 15, 2011|
|Posted Date:||Jul 05, 2011|
|Creation Date:||Jul 05, 2011|
|Archive Date:||Aug 14, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:||$0|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- City or township governments
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Jennifer Gartzke Contract Specialist Phone 303-969-2755
- Similar Government Grants
- • NOTICE OF INTENT TO AWARD: Implement Upper Delaware River Management Plan through the Uppe...
- • Community Conversations: Finding Relevance in the National Parks of Boston
- • Engaging Young Adults with Community-Based Conservation and Recreation Opportunities
- • Promote & Enhance River Conservation & Management
- • Parntership for the National Trails System
- • Commemoration of John Brown Raid
- • Development of Potomac Heritage NST Segments
- • Restoration and Education Projects on and Near Units of the National Park Service on the C...
- More Grants from the National Park Service
- • Assessing, Monitoring, and Documenting the Status of Plant Species and Communities
- • Large Mammal response to wildfire and landscape-scale forest restoration in the Jemez Moun...
- • Terrestrial Monitoring Intern for the Southeast Coast Network of the NPS Inventory and Mon...
- • FY2017 Historic Preservation Fund - Tribal Historic Preservation Offices
- • Collaborate on the Execution of the Annual Work Plan of Blackstone River Valley National H...