Climate Data Record Program Office for 2011
The summary for the Climate Data Record Program Office for 2011 grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Commerce, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Climate Data Record Program Office for 2011: The Climate Data Record Program (CDRP) seeks to support the development and stewardship of Climate Data Records (CDRs) for the atmosphere, cryosphere, oceans, and land surface. The Program follows the National Research Council's 2004 distinction between Fundamental and Thematic Climate Data Records, and is initially focused on Fundamental CDRs and Thematic CDRs related to Earth's water and energy cycles and sea level. The Program seeks CDRs that will provide demonstrable benefit to end users and society. The CDRP is managed by NOAA, but is informed by other government agencies such that its results represent a government-wide contribution to climate change detection, assessment, understanding, adaptation and/or mitigation.
|Federal Grant Title:||Climate Data Record Program Office for 2011|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Commerce|
|Grant Categories:||Environment Natural Resources Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NOAA-NESDIS-NESDISPO-2011-2002566|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Environmental Sciences, Applications, Data, and Education|
|Current Application Deadline:||Nov 10, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Nov 10, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Jul 20, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Jul 20, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Dec 10, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||15|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants are institutions of higher education; other nonprofits; for profits; commercial organizations; international organizations; state, local and Indian tribal governments; and agencies. Applications from and applicants will be competed against each other. Please Note: Before non-NOAA applicants may be funded, they must demonstrate that they have legal authority to receive funds from another agency in excess of their appropriation. The only exception to this is governmental research facilities for awards issued under the authority of 49 U.S.C. 44720(b). Because this announcement is not proposing to procure goods or services from applicants, the Economy Act (31 U.S.C. 1535) is not an appropriate legal basis.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Steve Drescher Policy Advisor
For application download issues only. [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • JCSDA - 2015 Research in Satellite Data Assimilation for Numerical Environmental Predictio...
- • JCSDA - 2013 Research in Satellite Data Assimilation for Numerical Environmental Predictio...
- • Satellite Climate Data Record Program for 2010
- • Cooperative Institute for Satellite Meteorology
- • Research in Primary Vicarious Calibration of Ocean Color Satellite Sensors
- • Research in Satellite Data Assimilation for Numerical Weather, Climate, and Environmental ...
- • Scientific Data Stewardship Project Office for 2009
- More Grants from the Department of Commerce
- • Fiscal Year 2017 Chesapeake Bay-Watershed Education and Training Program-Capacity Building
- • Market Development Cooperator Program 2017
- • Alaska Native Organization Co-Management Funding Program
- • Pacific Coastal Salmon Recovery Fund
- • FY2017 Ocean Technology Transition Project