Collaborative Improvement and Innovation Network on Infant Mortality (IM CoIIN)
The summary for the Collaborative Improvement and Innovation Network on Infant Mortality (IM CoIIN) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Health Resources and Services Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Collaborative Improvement and Innovation Network on Infant Mortality (IM CoIIN): The infant mortality rate (IMR) is a widely used indicator of the nation's health. In 2012, the United States ranked 25th among 29 industrialized nations, with an overall IMR of 5.98/1,000 live births.1 Most notable, the IMR for infants born to non-Hispanic black mothers was 11.19/1,000, more than double the non-Hispanic white IMR of 5.04/1,000.2 State public health departments lead infant mortality reduction efforts within their states with support of the Title V Maternal and Child Health Services Block Grant Program.3 At the local level, Healthy Start grants are provided to communities with high annual rates of infant mortality (i.e., at least 1½ times the U.S. national average) and high rates for other adverse perinatal outcomes (e.g., low birthweight, preterm birth, maternal morbidity and mortality) in order to address the needs of high-risk women and their families before, during, and after pregnancy. To advance the mission of Healthy Start and contribute to state infant mortality reduction efforts, this announcement solicits applications for the Collaborative Improvement and Innovation Network on Infant Mortality (IM CoIIN).
|Federal Grant Title:||Collaborative Improvement and Innovation Network on Infant Mortality (IM CoIIN)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Health Resources and Services Administration (HHS-HRSA)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HRSA-17-105|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||July 17th, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||July 17th, 2017|
|Posted Date:||May 31st, 2017|
|Creation Date:||May 31st, 2017|
|Archive Date:||September 15th, 2017|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||4|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||May 31st, 2017|
- Category Explanation
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants include any public or private entity. Faith-based and community-based organizations, tribes, and tribal organizations are eligible to apply. Foreign entities are not eligible for HRSA awards, unless the authorizing legislation specifically authorizes awards to foreign entities or the award is for research. This exception does not extend to research training awards or construction of research facilities.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration
Contact Vanessa Lee, MPH at (301)443-0543 or email [email protected]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Supporting Healthy Start Performance Project
- • Healthy Start Initiative: Eliminating Disparities in Perinatal Health
- • Healthy Start Initiative: Eliminating Disparities in Perinatal Health (Level 2: Enhanced S...
- • Healthy Start Initiative: Eliminating Disparities in Perinatal Health (Level 1: Community-...
- • Promoting Preventive Health Services for Women
- • Eliminating Disparities in Perinatal Health
- • Healthy Start Initiative-Eliminating Racial/Ethnic Disparities
- • National Fetal and Infant Mortality Review (FIMR) Resource Center
- More Grants from the Health Resources and Services Administration
- • Increasing Organ Donation Awareness Program
- • Maternal and Child Health Interdisciplinary Education in Pediatric Pulmonary Centers Progr...
- • Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Part A Planning Council and Planning Body Technical Assistance...
- • National Genetics Education and Family Support Program
- • Advances in Integrating Genetics into Clinical Care