Community Economic Development Program Operational Projects
The summary for the Community Economic Development Program Operational Projects grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration for Children and Families, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Community Economic Development Program Operational Projects: In Fiscal Year (FY) 2008, contingent upon available funding, the Office of Community Services (OCS) will award Community Economic Development (CED) discretionary grant funds for well-planned, financially viable, and innovative projects. OCS will award funds to Community Development Corporations (CDCs) that are experienced in implementing economic development projects. OCS intends that grant funds awarded under this announcement will provide resources to eligible CDCs for their job creation and business projects, as a strategy to address broader objectives such as arresting tendencies toward financial dependency, chronic unemployment, and community deterioration in both urban and rural areas. Eligible CDCs must submit a business plan that demonstrates the economic viability of the venture.
|Federal Grant Title:||Community Economic Development Program Operational Projects|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration for Children and Families|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2008-ACF-OCS-EE-0024|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Community Services Block Grant_Discretionary Awards|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jun 25, 2008|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 25, 2008|
|Posted Date:||Apr 23, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Jun 24, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Jul 25, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:||$29,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$700,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||45|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- An applicant must be a private, non-profit CDC experienced in developing and managing economic development projects. For purposes of this grant program, the CDC must be governed by a Board of Directors consisting of residents of the community and business and civic leaders. The CDC must have as a principal purpose: planning, developing, or managing low-income housing or community development activities. An applicant must document its eligibility as a CDC for the purposes of this grant program. The application must include a list of governing board members that provides a designations as one of the three types: a community resident, business, or civic leader. In addition, the application must include documentation that the organization has as a primary purpose: planning, developing, or community development or managing low-income housing activites. This documentation may include incorporation documents or other CDC organizational documents (e.g., article of incorporation papers, by-laws, official documents that identify the organization). Faith-based and community organizations are eligible to apply. Foreign entities are not eligible under this announcement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Rafael Elizalde email@example.com
Rafael Elizalde [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Community Services Block Grant (CSBG)/Rural Community Development Program (RCD) Water and ...
- • Community Economic Development Healthy Food Financing Initiative Projects
- • Community Economic Development Projects
- • Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) Training and Technical Assistance (T/TA) Program: Ea...
- • Community Services Block Grant Training and Technical Assistance Program: Special State Te...
- • Community Services Block Grant Training and Technical Assistance Program: Train-the-Traine...
- More Grants from the Administration for Children and Families
- • Grants to Address Trafficking within the Child Welfare Population
- • Affordable Care Act Tribal Personal Responsibility Education Program for Teen Pregnancy Pr...
- • Basic Center Program
- • Street Outreach Program
- • Standing Announcement for Tribal Title IV-E Plan Development Grants