Comprehensive Alcohol Research Center on HIV/AIDS (P60)
The summary for the Comprehensive Alcohol Research Center on HIV/AIDS (P60) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Comprehensive Alcohol Research Center on HIV/AIDS (P60): -Purpose. This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) solicits applications for a research center grant to conduct cross-cutting research on alcohol and HIV/AIDS that is multidisciplinary, thematically integrated, synergistic, and will serve as a national resource for NIAAA. Through this FOA, NIAAA seeks to encourage basic research that can be translated into interventions in order to reduce infection and transmission of HIV. These critical goals are consistent with the FY2009 Trans-NIH Plan For HIV-Related Research (http://www.oar.nih.gov/strategicplan/fy2009/pdf/Overview.pdf). NIAAA will give highest priority to research that will 1) develop and test biomedical prevention technologies that apply basic knowledge of HIV infection to intervention strategies for preventing the spread of HIV between individuals and within communities in the context of alcohol use; 2) develop knowledge of the interaction between alcohol and new agents or drug regimens to prevent and treat comorbidities and comortalities (malignancies, liver and cardiovascular diseases, metabolic disorders, and other complications) associated with long-term HIV disease and antiretroviral treatment in the context of alcohol use.
|Federal Grant Title:||Comprehensive Alcohol Research Center on HIV/AIDS (P60)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-AA-09-002|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Alcohol Research Center Grants|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 01, 2009|
|Posted Date:||Aug 11, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Dec 03, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Dec 04, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- For profit organizations other than small businesses Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Independent school districts Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Special district governments Private institutions of higher education City or township governments County governments Small businesses Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) State governments Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Specialized Alcohol Research Centers (P50)
- • Resource Core Alcohol Research Centers (P30)
- • Comprehensive Alcohol Research Centers (P60)
- • Collaborative Minority Alcohol Research Center Development (U54)
- • Alcohol Research Resource Awards (R24)
- • Alcohol Research Center Grants
- • Collaborative Initiative on Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders
- • Research Partnership Awards for Rapid Response to College Drinking Problems
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...